Tuesday 24 September 2013

EOTD: Teal Shimmer...

Ahhh TEAL - one of my all time favourite shades. Whenever I see it I think of the sea, ocean waves and all things mermaidy.  It's fresh and pretty, and delicate enough to never be considered over the top.


My eyes are tealy green and I wear this shade often. I've heard "experts" say you should avoid going for a shadow that's the same colour as your eyes, but instead go for a contrast. They use examples like "well, a jewellery store wouldn't show off an emerald gemstone on a green cushion - it would get lost in the background!". I say phooey - we're gals and we can do whatever we want (ha ha!), and besides, I think a perfectly matching shade can enhance your eye colour beautifully and actually give it heaps more impact.


Here's what I used to create this look:

Eye of Horus Charcoal Obsidian Goddess Pencil to tightline
MNY Color Tattoo in Too Cool all over the top lid as a base
The palest teal from the essence 3D Irresistible Mermaid Kiss duo along the top lashline (applied moist)
Deepest teal from the NYX Bohemian Chic Nude Matte palette over the rest and underneath
A dusting of Revlon Diamond Lust shadow in Neptune Star over everything
Essence white kajal on the waterline
MUA matte beige on the hood...


Do you prefer to wear shadows that contrast with your eye colour? What colour are your eyes, and which shadow shade works best for you?

Take care of you,
kats xxx

2 comments:

  1. I can see from your blog that you love teal. Teal eyeshadows always catch my attention x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha yes Sandy, my blog colour scheme is a bit of a give away as to my colour preferences :-)

      Delete