Monday 7 October 2013

EOTD: Aquamarine #1...

Colour is quite a subjective thing - everyone's interpretation is different, and when it comes to blues, greens and in-betweens, it's each to their own as far as labels are concerned. My camera also has a hard time differentiating colours that are borderline (e.g. it tends to register blue purples as more blue than anything else), however it managed to capture this shade quite well. I call it AQUAMARINE, but someone else might say it's a vibrant teal. At the end of the day who cares really, I just love it...



I started by tightlining the upper lashline with bhcosmetics black liquid liner. For a base I used Pop Glitter Stix in Moss all over the top lid, then added the lightest shade from the essence 3D irresistible green dream duo along the lashline as a highlight. Towards the back of the lid and in the crease I blended the deepest teal and moss green from the NYX Bohemian Chic Nude Matte palette.


Next I lined the lower lashline with MNY Master Precise Liquid Liner, and smudged it a little with the darkest green from the same essence 3D palette. On the waterline, I patted down Mirenesse Mineral Face Gel Colour in Aquamarine, and finished with my usual MUA matte beige on the hood. Mascara is Lancôme Hypnose Drama.



What would you call this shade? Do you find your name for some colours differs from that of your friends?

Take care of you,
kats xxx

4 comments:

  1. Awww it's a beautiful colour and matches your eyes perfectly.
    I love the little flick you've done in the outer corner too. You must have a steady hand....I'm so shocking with lining my eyes LOL
    The mascara looks lovely too!! I've always wanted to try a Lancome mascara :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gemma sweetheart, thank you so much :-) My eyes are greeny, but aren't actually that deep a shade, but I think the waterline shadow fools the camera lol. If you zoom in you'll find that the flick sure isn't perfect - I'm still practising the technique daily, and I'm sure you do just fine hon. The Hypnose Drama is great and it doesn't smudge - I usually NEVER wear mascara unless it's waterproof, but I don't have a problem with this one at all...

      Delete
  2. Aquamarine and/or turquoise - it's gorgeous, regardless. Love what you're doing, Kats Hun.
    Love,
    Trish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the spirit Trish! Actually I'm planning a turquoise look on Thursday and I reckon the difference will be obvious :-) Thank you for your wonderful words darling :-)

      Delete