Sunday 20 April 2014

LOTD: Radiant Orchid...

Good grief, I've just realised it's almost the end of the month, and I haven't posted one LOTD, quelle horreur! I don't know why but I keep forgetting about all the ones I've stashed away (almost every day). Will have to set myself a little reminder on my computer, because what's a beauty blog without a colourful lip or two hey?

So this is my first attempt at a Radiant Orchid lip - I'm actually really happy with it, and reckon it's a pretty good match. As always, I tend to make the particular shade I want using a combination of a lip crayon, lipstick and gloss, so here's what went into it...

I started with a Nabi lip liner in Dark Fuchsia...


And then added my favourite purple lipstick, L.A.Colors Grape Crush...


To tone it down, make it considerably less purple and a tad more pink, I applied Mirenesse Lip Lava over the top...



Whaddya reckon gals - close enough? 

Take care of you,
kats xxx

12 comments:

  1. It's a match! Looks awesome Kats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You nailed it! I too combine colours to create a unique shade. Well done Kats! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks roxy - isn't it fun mixing shades together, and even more when it turns out just right?

      Delete
  3. PERFECT MATCH! Well done Kats :D
    My goodness that radiant orchid shade is beautiful on your lips. I NEED that grape crush lippy.....like right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh Gemma, the ONLY shop near me that sells L.A. Colors products has closed down - gaaaaahhhh! I'll have to find somewhere online because my purple lipstick has almost hit the stump :-(

      Delete
  4. I agree, it is a good match! Gosh I love bold lips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay Sam, a gal after my own heart - bold lips are almost a daily occurrence for me :-)

      Delete
  5. Definitely a match :) The shade is gorgeous!

    LilynotLouise | Beauty and Food

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too Lily - not purple, not magenta, but somewhere deliciously in between :-)

      Delete
  6. A great match, Kat !!! Isn't it wonderful what other colours you can create when you have a loads of lipsticks and lip glosses to play with !!! You've done an exceptionally fine job here creating "Radiant Orchid" :) !!!

    Arty Girl
    bh.artygirl@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Arty :-) I couldn't cope if I wasn't able to mix up my colours - I mean a gal can't possibly have EVERY shade of lipstick and gloss in their kit, can they? Ha ha...

      Delete