Wednesday 9 April 2014

REVIEW: L'Oreal Revitalift Magic Blur (Part 2)...

Here we go with Part 2 of my review of L'Oreal Revitalift Magic Blur - the part where I apply it as I'm supposed to! Saturday week ago I posted Part 1, which was somewhat embarrassing because I didn't read the instructions and applied it over the top of my foundation, when in fact it's supposed to go underneath. Doh!

At the time I couldn't see how it would be effective once the light diffusing particles were smothered in make up, but hey...it is! Not quite as dramatically as when applied last, but pretty good all the same :-)

And being a firm believer that a picture tells a thousand words, lets get on with the photographic evidence...

So here is my forehead again, bare except for serum and moisturiser, with obvious frown and forehead lines and enlarged pores, especially in the area close to my brows...(which I hadn't drawn on yet)...


The pic below was taken immediately after applying the Magic Blur cream - except for the crease at the top that I didn't cover all that well, the other lines have softened considerably and the pores have been (thankfully) disguised...


After applying foundation, things are looking a whole lot better and interestingly, the effect of the cream hasn't diminished at all - just goes to show that you don't really know what will happen till you try :-)


And because I am forever the experimentalist, I thought I'd pat just a little bit more blur cream onto my trouble spots (after pencilling in my brows), and voila! My frown lines have become even less visible!


So what do you think ladies? I reckon this stuff is a WINNER! But I also reckon that the best results for an older gal like me are achieved by applying the product both underneath and over the top of foundation :-) However, as I prefer to use a tinted primer that contains a sunscreen, I'll be sticking to patting it on last. If you only want to hide fine lines and smooth out pores though, then you can't go wrong applying it alone or as the first step in your makeup routine. As for any long term effects, well we'll just have to wait and see, but I'll sure let you know if there are any improvements.

Take care of you,
kats xxx

16 comments:

  1. What a fantastic product Kats! You've shown us the different ways this product can be used and how fabulous the results will always be. I'm so super impressed! I think this product would be so perfect for my mum. She gets a bit upset over her wrinkles so this will surely bring a smile to her face. I wonder if L'Oreal will create some sort of gift pack for Mothers Day that will feature this product within? :D I'd like to see that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great idea for your Mum Gemma - she probably wouldn't buy it for herself, and those kind of gifts are the best hey. I know L'Oreal are doing some skin care packs for MD, and it would sure make sense to include this anti-wrinkle weapon xxx

      Delete
  2. This has been catching my eye lately and I think I need to try this to fill in my pores, I'm often told by friends that 'ya can't even see 'em!' but I know they are there and I think they are huge so I need to use spac filler to fix it up. I've been using Benefit's Porefessional but the more I use it the shitter I think it is.

    Thanks for the enabling! Might try to slip this in to the grocery shop this weekend, I think it's on sale at my local coles :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Hailey your comments are always so entertaining hon, thanks for making me smile :-) Hey I've seen your gorgeous skin and you sure don't need Pollyfilla! This stuff is nice and light though and sure has a dramatic effect on my moosh - I have the Porefessional in my kit too, but I only use it on my hoods to cover some pigmentation spots and smooth the skin a little. It's a nice primer, but for me there are better ones around (like Dermalogica). I'd like this one even more if it was tinted - I really need that extra coverage...

      Delete
  3. This looks like a fantastic product, Kat !!! I could do with it as I have a crease very similar to yours at the side of my mouth that is very noticeable. I could be that I sleep on the left side of my face.

    Arty Girl
    bh.artygirl@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may be right Arty - mine is far worse some mornings than others, even though I have a satin pillowcase. This cream is definitely worth a try hon - I'm only going to use it on my deep creases so I'm hoping it will last a while, makes such a big difference :-)

      Delete
  4. Wow this looks great! I'll have to keep this in mind next time I'm beauty shopping! Great photographic evidence too... I'm glad you showed us the results :D
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jasmine honey you'd be the LAST person that needs this! But you might know someone that could benefit - I'm happy if my review helps just one person :-)

      Delete
  5. So thrilled that you have found another WINNER! Thanks for all the photos at each stage (I admire you for feeling free enough to do that). As I am in a similar age group to you, this is something that I will have to look into. There are other blur creams on the market as well, but it is great to see one in action. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Roxy! There was a time when I wouldn't dream of showing my face on the web let alone my wrinkles - but then I figure there's no point me having a beauty blog if I don't get down to the nitty gritty lol :-) I wonder if a store like Priceline would have this available for sampling? I'm keen to read the reviews the bh gals will be doing of the Garnier one...

      Delete
  6. Well, thanks to your article kats....at the first opportunity I went out and bought one because I already use a lot of Loreal products. Wow, it feels so velvety on my skin and definitely great for me under my foundation.
    Just out of interest though....once I have put my moisturiser on do I still apply my primer then the blur or do I use the blur then the primer before putting on my foundation. Or do I not need my primer. It's so confusing with all these products.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Mandy girl I had the same question lol! So far I've used the blur cream as my primer (works a treat) or else I've done my usual primer routine and then patted this over my foundation last of all. It depends if you use your primer for coverage and/or sunscreen (I do). But as a primer under foundation this blur cream may be all you need ♡

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks kats........the first time I used my primer then did the blur just on the lines. Going out later so will try just the blur under the foundation. Loving the feeling of the blur cream. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like the feel of it hon - let me know how it goes using it as a primer :-)

      Delete
  9. May I ask, is there any benefit from product when used longer? I mean not just temporary (magic and when wash off then again back to normal)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ann, there is supposed to be a long term effect, however I didn't notice any change after using the whole tube. It really is quite magical though x

      Delete