Tuesday 24 June 2014

EOTD: Yellow, Orange, Red & Green...

My how time flies when you have a day job that starts becoming a night job as well - boo! June is almost over and I've only posted four EOTD's!  Will have to get a wriggle on - I always try to post eight looks per month, so I have some serious catching up to do over the next few days. So here's a colour combo I've done before, but not with mainly mattes...


Haven't used my Pomegranate Punk Maybelline Color Tattoo as a base in a while, but it was perfect for this look as I wanted to tone down the bright colours from the bhcosmetics Take Me To Brazil palette, to make the whole effect more subdued (and appropriate) for winter...


I applied the yellow, orange and red from inner to outer corner with a dry angled liner brush, blending as I added each shade. On the lower lashline I decided to liven things up a little by using the sparkly gold, and added Physician's Formula Green Shimmer Strips Gel Liner on the waterline...


To frame the eye, I added the black from the same palette in the crease and smoked the outer corner using a fine push brush - one with flat even bristles that are dead straight. It's so rare for me to use all shadows from the same palette, but this one is so wonderfully versatile - an inspired mix of matte's and shimmers, and of course, all the colours of the rainbow...


This look is especially for chunky.monkeys over at bh - she requested a rainbow EOTD a couple of weeks ago, and while this is only a half rainbow, this will have to do until I can get up a bit earlier in the morning (but that's not going to happen any time soon lol)...


Hope you like it chunky, and hope all the rest of you gorgeous gals are having a great week 

Take care of you,
kats xxx

8 comments:

  1. Wow this is a really gorgeous look! Perfect for Autumn! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet Jasmine, thanks babe - it's similar to the one I did for the very first Come Play With Me series, but that was a whole heap brighter, and I used shimmery shadows xxx

      Delete
  2. Looks great Kat, I love the green and gold combo on the lower waterline/lashline.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gaaahh! It's the beautiful Magda on my blog! Lol, thanks so much for commenting hon, you've no idea what a thrill it is for me ♥

      Delete
  3. This look is so interesting and totally eye catching, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Indie ♥ I'm a total sucker when it comes to sunrise shades xxx

      Delete
  4. This is such a pretty look, Kat darling. I'm loving it because it reminds me of the beautiful plumage of a parrot or bird of paradise!

    Lovely touch of colour to cheer up a dreary winter's day!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you gorgeous - hard to believe I toned it down ha ha, love the comparison with a pretty birdy my sweet ♥

      Delete