Wednesday 20 August 2014

EOTD: DB Terracotta and essence I Have A Green...

Hey the sun came out today - miracles do happen hey? Thought I'd celebrate the appearance of those glorious rays by posting another Winter-into-Spring EOTD. And being orange and green (a fave combo of a darling gal pal), this one's especially for Fawn 


This terracotta-ish shadow is truly a blast from the past - came in one of the first multi-palettes I ever bought, by DB, and from memory it was around $14 plucked from the depths of a discount chemist throw-out bin. The beauty of it is that there's two pans in this colour - one matte and one shimmery, so I can blend the two together without losing any vibrancy or dimension. Interestingly I applied it over the top of Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Pomegranate Punk, which is quite a deep brownish red - gave the orange a slight pinky tinge, which is what I was after to match my outfit...


On the waterline is essence I Have a Green Longlasting Eye Pencil - one of the most brilliant crayons in my kit (around $2 I think). Just adore the colour (matches my eyes pretty well) and I can get a good 4 or 5 hours wear out of it before my watery eyes wash away the colour on the outer half...


The lipstick is a mis-labelled MUA one (says "Bare", but the second "Bare" I ordered is a nude) - still it's a pretty corally pink, and I topped it with a Napoleon Perdis freebie gloss that toned in well. Cheeks are essence Heat Wave - LOVE this blush!


In the crease and on the outer corner, I added charcoal from the MUA LUXE Pretty Edgy palette - a magically pigmented matte that blends so easily. Speaking of which, I'm giving away this palette - have you entered yet? Only five days left!

Take care of you,
kats xxx

16 comments:

  1. Love the peachy effect you got with that combination! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh TP thanks hon - always a dilemma as to what to put with what hey? So glad you like it ♥

      Delete
  2. Hi there! Ur makeup looks beautiful!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi back Helen - what a sweetheart comment, thanks hon xxx

      Delete
  3. You're such a babe Kats. You always look amazing! I love the magic you weave to create the most gorgeous combos.....eyes, lips and all over. Love the colours you've chosen too and that green on your waterline is gorgeous. xx Yey for sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU always write the most flattering and loving comments hon ♥ I'm kinda hooked on the green waterline at the mo' - I'm sure I'll move on at some stage, but for now, I'm indulging lol...

      Delete
  4. I love your stunning eye look, Kat. Then I scroll down to the complete look, and WOW total radiance. What perfect shades for your skintone, hun xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honeybunch it's a lot easier to turn on the glow when I have friends like you hon - thanks so much Indie ♥ x ♥

      Delete
  5. This is a gorgeous look! I love these colours together... not sure I could pull it off but looks amazing on you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kate(kireina on BH, fb)23 August 2014 at 22:50

    Beautiful! Magical as always Kats, your mastery of colour is a joy to behold x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey babe - how lovely to read you here hon! Thanks ever so for your comment hon, gosh I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy, and very flattered ♥

      Delete
  7. Is there a colour you can't pull off Kats?! Love this winter into spring look, definitely have to get my hands on that stunning lipstick colour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Monique, there's quite a few - I just don't publish the duds! As for the lipstick, I reckon it's Shade 16 (Nectar) in their 1 pound range :-)

      Delete
  8. Absolutely swoon-worthy! I very much enjoy your eye looks Kats, even though I haven't been bold enough to rock a different coloured eye look each new day, your looks have given me inspiration that I store at the back of my mind ready to create things one day :)

    PS: you've shown us your perfumes, shower gels, scrubs, will you show us your eye products?! I can just imagine the heavenly sight of all the colourful products. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. themisses, what would I do without your cheer hon? Sitting here smiling like a cheshire cat lol... So you want to see my eye product collection? Oh boy, I think it'll be like Friends - one episode after another, and it'll go on for years ha ha! Will see what I can do ♥

      Delete