Tuesday 14 October 2014

EOTD: Oceanic...

Here's another one of my Come Play With Me - Futuristic Love "duds". I guess it's not really a dud, because I think it's pretty enough to post - it was more of a technical failure on the part of my camera. It simply isn't sophisticated enough to pick up all the differences between the various blues and greens I used to create this look. On the other hand, a better quality camera would also accent all my crinkles and wrinkles, and then I'd have to retire from this EOTD blogging caper lol...


You can just make out a dark blue area in the middle of my top lid - there were others of course, but they don't show up, boo! Anyway it's sufficiently different from some of my other aquatic looks, so I'll stop dithering about with the excuses and show you what I used...


My base was Mirenesse Mineral Face Gel Colour in Emerald all over the top lid. Once again, the awesome bhcosmetics Take Me To Brazil palette was my source of sea colours. I patted them down in splodges to create a kind of mottled effect, and then blended the edges with a brush loaded with the white...


On the waterline is essence Sun Club gel liner in BBC All Night Blue...


And for a change, I didn't smudge the MNY Precise Liquid Liner on the lower lashline because I wanted a crisper finish...

I might have another go at this at some stage, and perhaps not blend it so well so that the distinctions between the shades are a lot clearer. I do so love marine colours 


Take care of  you,
kats xxx

8 comments:

  1. I LIKE!
    I do a similar 'blurring' with MNY color tattoos: teal & emerald lid with electric blue outer crease, ready set green (limited edition) on the inner crease. I love a blue/green melee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds fab hon especially the electric blue bit - it's one of my fave combos too ♡

      Delete
  2. I hope this works! I already had two posts eaten yesterday :/ I'm a huge fan of blue and green so I love this look! How does it connect to the futuristic theme?
    chunky.monkeys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh boo chunky! This disappearing comments thingy is really getting me down - it seems to be happening to quite a few bloggers, not just me, so sorry you've had problems because I do love to hear from you hon ♥ So happy you like the look - the connection was all in my head of course. I reckon that in the future the sea (and nature in general) is going to become critical in keeping us all going, and I wanted to portray an image of a glistening CLEAN ocean, because that is my hope for the centuries ahead ♥

      Delete
  3. Kat, this look is so serene, I am so glad that you posted it, hun, it would have been such a shame not to share it. Although, it is utterly beautiful, I totally get your disappointment. I hate it when some of my pics don't show true colour or vibrancy of a look.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh "serene" is such a great adjective Indie thanks so much - that's definitely a wish for the future 💙

      Delete
  4. Such beautiful mermaid-like oceanic eyes. Love, love, love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Petal, I'm a total sucker for aquatic shades - thanks sweetie ♥

      Delete