Tuesday 31 March 2015

EOTD: bhcosmetics Magenta and Sleek Orbit (teal)...

I'm at an age when not getting enough beauty sleep REALLY starts to make a difference to how I look the next day. Fortunately, there are a few little tricks I've learned along the way to deal with the overnight increase in creases and wrinkles, one of which is using matte makeup products, and in this particular case, eye shadows. Sure they're not quite as spectactular as shimmers, but for us older gals, they are a godsend when you wake up with even more crinkles than usual...


Now we all know that matte is flat, but it can still be bold and bright, and this magenta from the bhcosmetics Take Me To Brazil palette is a beauty - I patted this down over the top of Chi Chi Waterproof Gel Eyeliner in Hopelessly Devoted, a fabulously cheery hot pink...


I then blended Orbit from the Sleek V2 matte palette from the outer corner, took it into the crease, and also underneath the lower lashline...


Because I felt so bleah (read that as exhausted) I lined the waterline with essence white kajal - this crayon is a lifesaver for brightening up sleep-deprived eyes, which in turn gives the whole face a much needed lift... 


For cheeks I used the brightest pink from the BYS On the Brightside trio, lips are Australis Colour Inject Moisturising Mineral Lipstick in the shade Mash Up, and I topped that with Maybelline Color Elixir Gloss in Hibiscus Haven...


As tired as I am, I'm happy that I made my EOTD monthly quota - next giveaway will be up soon!

Take care of you,
kats xxx

6 comments:

  1. You may feel exhausted Kats but you definitely don't look it with this stunning EOTD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you babe - hanging out for Easter so I can turn off the alarm ♡

      Delete
  2. OMG....this look is amazing....you look fantastic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much my dear Fawn, you've certainly given me a boost - magenta is just that little bit extra flattering to my colouring than other pinks, all though I love them all ♥

      Delete
  3. Is that purple I see where the teal meets the magenta? I know your camera isn't always true to colour, perhaps it's the pink gel pencil underneath? I like the pink/purple to teal look.
    I know what you mean when you say some mornings you wake up with more crinkles than usual, isn't it a bugger? You don't look like you're having one of those days, good on you kat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey neurotic - guess what? I've discovered that magenta and teal blended together makes purple! I didn't add any purple, it's just what happened (love self manufacturing colours lol). It makes sense though - red and blue make purple, and pink and teal are in the same segment of the colour wheel. Yep it's a bugger, but I know which crinkles are more permanent than others, so I don't fret too much when I wake up with more - they've kinda gone again after a good night's sleep (whenver THAT happens) ♥

      Delete