Monday 30 March 2015

EOTD: MUA Midnight and MNY Sapphire...

Here's another contribution towards making blue eye shadow fashionable again It's never really recovered from over exposure in the 80's - I myself avoided it like the plague for at least 25 years, but it's such a pity as there's so many more stunning shades available these days, and it can look quite magical when NOT applied all the way up to the brows lol...


Now that the weather is cooler, I wanted something deep as well as intense, so I laid down two bases - on the inner third was my usual essence white kajal, and on the rest I used my new Chi Chi Waterproof Gel Eyeliner in the shade Dream Lover. I'll do a full review of these liners shortly, but for now let's just say they are amazingly waterproof, budgeproof and smudgeproof...


Over the white kajal went the light blue from the MNY Sapphire Hyperdiamonds palette - a gorgeous shimmery butter soft shadow that's years old, but still works brilliantly. I also took this under the lower lashes over the top of MNY Master Precise Liquid Liner. Over the rest of the lid and in the crease I pressed MUA single matte shadow in Midnight, and then blended the light blue across to just past the half-way mark to give the whole look a bit of sparkle. Used the Chi Chi gel eyeliner on the waterline as well - it has a metallic finish, which is why it doesn't look very even (practice, practice!)...


Cheeks are Lacura blush in Soft Rose, lips are Miss Shop A Little Lippy in Dusty Pink, topped with Mirenesse 3D Forever Gloss in Tease...


I'll be squeezing in one more EOTD tomorrow - can't believe April is almost here!

Take care of you,
kats xxx

4 comments:

  1. Well, if the 80s blue shadow trend looked this beautiful, it never would have gone out of style! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darling Indie you know what, I totally agree lol! If I'd used a deeper hue and kept it away from my hoods all those years ago I wouldn't have given it up. Still if memory serves me correctly back then there was light blue and...light blue ♡

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks doll - I don't normally go so pale ♡x♡x♡

      Delete