Saturday 26 September 2015

EOTD: Sleek Acid Green and Orange...

Love the changeover of  the seasons - the weather is invariably unpredictable, but it's the time I rotate my makeup, and rediscover what I put at the back of the drawers at least 6 months ago Sleek Acid is one such palette that's a wee bit too loud for Winter, but now that the sun is gaining strength and brightening the daylight, it's perfect to give my peepers a splash of clear and fun colour...


Here's a reminder of how fabulous the shades in this palette are...


Essence white kajal was my base, and all I did was press the olivey lime and the orange over the top, and blended the join. I also extended the Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Liner along the lower lashline out into a teeny wing for a bit of fun. I actually wanted to use an olivey shade on the waterline, but not having one in my kit (gahhhh! I've since rectified that glaring omission), I blended Chi Chi Like A Virgin Waterproof Gel Liner with bhcosmetics Waterproof Eye Crayon in Huntress (a soft green) and for whatever reason, it turned into an aqua shade! I didn't have time to do anything about this somewhat unexpected result, so wore it I did. Not a combination I would have deliberately chosen, but hey, it's a bit different lol...




And here's the FOTD that went with it all - nude by nature Liquid Mineral Foundation, middle pan from the BYS Endless Summer Blush Trio on my cheeks, and Revlon Colourburst Lipstick in Peach topped with Revlon Ultra HD Lip Lacquer in Citrine...



Do you change your makeup colours every season?

Take care of you,
kats xxx

7 comments:

  1. That's a great looking SLEEK palette. Orange can be so versatile, but I can't wear it like you can with my cool complexion. I always blend it into pinks or browns. Your lip & blush are a perfectly matching warm peach. You're more spring ready than me for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naww, sounds like you've already got your colours sorted neurotic - some folks just don't understand the warm/cool thingy at all ♥ I reckon all colours have the ability to be warm or cool, I'm on a mission to find you a "cool" orange xxx

      Delete
  2. A fantastic Spring look, Kat. I think the lovely aqua colour you created on the water line just adds to that Spring feel. Great job, hun, you look beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you Indie - what a relief it is when something doesn't quite work out as planned, but it works out ♥♥♥

      Delete
  3. This is an interesting combination! I don't know how to use orange, and yet, you manage to use it to effortlessly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm fortunate with my colouring TP - it also helps to have red hair, but like red, I never EVER wore orange when I was younger. Ageing makes you braver lol ♥

      Delete
  4. If the products you look for are not in our catalog we would be pleased to offer our custom synthesis service. Acid Orange 94

    ReplyDelete