Monday 29 August 2016

SPOTLIGHT: July Empties!...

I was beginning to despair that I would never get this empties post up - but where there's a will (and a new PC & modem), there's a way lol. Somewhat disappointing turnover volume - same as the previous month actually, however some of these have been in the works for quite some time, like, almost a year! So starting from the left...


Bioré Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser (200ml RRP $10.99)
Before I start I just want to say I really REALLY like Bioré products, and I believe there are marvellous benefits of having charcoal as an ingredient. However...there's something in every item in the Bioré range that makes my eyes water. It's not that I let the stuff get anywhere near my eyes, it's more like there are fumes that billow up permeating the space around me (even when I'm in the shower), and make my eyes feel really weird - I think it's the menthol, I have the same reaction when I use one of those creams for an athletic injury. SO annoying because I really enjoy the effectiveness of this cleanser and how it makes my skin feel, same goes for the scrub and the masks...sigh...
Repurchase?
Umm, not unless they change the formula...

Imperial Leather Forbidden Fruit - Blackberry Blossom & Wild Fig Triple Moisturising Bodywash (1 litre RRP $8.99)
I've had this massive bottle since forever - note to self, don't by the giant size as you have to decant the contents 'cos it won't fit in the shower rack, and by the time you get to the end of it, you might just have had enough of it. Having said that I did enjoy this gorgeous purple fruit concoction, but I'm now totally bored with the fragrance...
Repurchase?
Negative - hey I found the Blue Lagoon one at The Reject Shop for $2!

Alpha-H Liquid Gold (200ml On special $69.95)
My precious - love this SO much I bought a year's supply. Way way overdue for it's own dedicated review post, and I already featured it in my December Empties post, but it's just TOO GOOD to not mention again ...
Repurchase?
There's another 200ml bottle waiting in the wings - Adore Beauty had it on special, bless 'em ...

Clarins Super Restorative Total Eye Concentrate (15ml RRP $90)
Yeah well, I guess I have to say this is my HG eye cream. I've been trying some other ones (NeoStrata Intensive Eye Therapy, freezeframe REVITALEYES) in an attempt to find something to match it performance-wise at a fraction of the cost, but it's not happening for me. I reviewed this beauty back in June last year (HERE) and for my particular issues, it's a standout. Doesn't do anything for the under-eye baggies, but nothing does. And it's too early to tell if the SK-II R.N.A. Eye Cream is any better, but in a way I'm kinda hoping it's not as it's even MORE expensive lol! The Clarins has the ability to make my eyes look refreshed, and with the limited amount of sleep I get on a regular basis, it's the one that works best ...
Repurchase?
Not yet, but it's inevitable ...

Nature's Way Vitamin C 500mg Chewable Tablets (500 RRP $15.95)
This massive container has lasted me the best part of a year - well almost. Let's see - 2 tablets a day and there's 500 in the pack, so that's 250 days, which is roughly 8 months. Awesome value - can't say this brand is any better than the rest, but it's a good deal, and I tend to go for whatever is on special. What I can say is that I can't survive without my daily dose of Vitamin C ...
Repurchase?
I couldn't find the giant jar, so I went for Cenovis (300) this time around, but will snap one up next time I see it...

Natralus Natural Paw Paw Lip Butter - Strawberry (10g RRP $5.75)
Lovingly reviewed HERE -  the jury is still out as to whether this is my fave or the Coconut one, but I'll always have a spare of both ...
Repurchase?
Already have ...

Garnier Anti-Shine Cleansing Gel (150ml RRP $9.95)
Been using this gel on and off over the last 12 months - quite a pleasant little cleanser. Haven't found it particularly effective for mattifying my face or tightening my pores, but it does cleanse thoroughly and smells delish - like grapefruit, green tea and blossoms. I do prefer something a little less foamy...
Repurchase?
Might buy another for Summer because it's super refreshing, but it's not on my list of essentials...

Palmolive Peach Indulgence Body Butter Moisturising Body Wash (400ml RRP $6.79)
Love this peach-a-licious body wash, my current fave - reviewed in detail HERE ...
Repurchase?
That would be a yes - I have three in the cupboard...although one is for my Mum ...


Given that my new computer is not blue-screening every half an hour like the old one, and the overall electronic setup is now faster than the speed of light, you can rest assured that my August Empties post will be up in a far more timely manner 

Take care of you,
kats xxx

P.S. Linking to Ingrid's magical Monday Makeup Madness Link Up Party - online at 6:30am (if not before) 

16 comments:

  1. Isn't Alpha H Liquid Gold the greatest? I love it. The Clarins eye cream sounds wonderful too, although my eyebags need targeting so it might not be effective on me. Great reviews! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ma'am - I don't think my skin would EVER forgive me if I stopped buying the Alpha-H ♥ I have huge bags Di, and you're right, the Clarins cream doesn't do anything to reduce them, but it does give my eyes a lift xxx

      Delete
  2. Nice job on finishing up products, Kats! Hmmm. the Liquid Gold and Clarins Eye Cream sound so tempting! You're right about it seems that nothing helps the under eye bags. I get limited sleep as well but I have hereditary puffs... thanks parents... they really need surgery. Even if I do get a good sleep, i look tired. :( xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I empathise Amy - I can thank my dear Dad for the bags, the only thing that will shift them is a knife, and I'm not going there lol xxx

      Delete
  3. I have heard SO many people going on about that liquid gold, I really do need to try it lol. I love empties posts when people tell you if they would repurchase!! - Jackie (Lipstick, Lattes & Louboutins)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's excellent Jackie - for me it doesn't reduce wrinkles or fade my age spots, but it gives me a youthful glow that I wouldn't otherwise have, and it seems to heal scars really well too xxx

      Delete
  4. I love Alpha-H Liquid Gold too! It's so effective!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing else quite like it Ingrid - really smooths and tones the surface of my skin, and I'm still in awe of how daring I am for NOT applying anything over the top of it lol ♥

      Delete
  5. Great job Kats! The Liquid Gold and Clarins Eye Cream sounds interesting! Love your posts! Keep em coming. Tal xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tal - doing these posts definitely inspires me to finish products completely. I used to have a drawer full of half used stuff, but not any more xxx

      Delete
  6. Liquid Gold is my absolute HG! I can never be without it either. I bought the one with ferulic acid last time and I'm loving it even more - so obsessed that I now have the Liquid Gold mask, cleanser and night cream LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow Renu, I haven't heard about the ferulic acid one, must give it a try - thanks heaps for the information hon ♥ Sounds like you are a huge Liquid Gold fan xxx

      Delete
  7. good work hun! lots of great empties, we really power through the skin and body care! I am hoping to chuck a few makeup products in my next empties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those two categories are easy peasy hey Lily - I'm hopeless when it comes to makeup stuff though, I so rarely finish anything. Having said that, I made a mammoth effort last month, so my next post will have 2 empty foundations (gives self pat on the back) ♥

      Delete
  8. Look at you using the Natralus! So glad you won that one, hon, and that you're continuing to love it! Awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be eternally grateful to you TP - absolutely loving the Natralus balms, just finished another one actually ♥♥♥

      Delete