Saturday 15 October 2016

SPOTLIGHT: September Empties!...

Not a particularly riveting selection this month, and five body washes (again because they were left over from previous seasons), but the main thing is that I'm getting through them, and freeing up some much needed space. My bathroom cupboard is so chockers that to find anything, I have to take out half of what's there and then put it all back, and that's no fun lol, so here we go...


Original Source Lime Shower Gel (250ml RRP $4.40)
Absolutely raved about this delish product HERE. Zingy, zesty, and zensational lol! 
Repurchase?
That's a yes, and an "already have"- it's an absolute MUST for hot weather ...

The Body Shop Oils of Life Intensely Revitalising Sleeping Cream (80ml RRP $54.95)
One of the products in the last Marie Claire Ageless Parcel, and an absolute stunner. The smell of it puts me off a bit though - it's quite a strong floral scent, but hey, the cream itself is amazing. One of the best I've ever tried in fact, beautifully hydrating & softening, non-greasy, and it's on special at the moment on their website for $38.47. I am drowning in skin care supplies right now, so I'm torn as to whether to order it or not. Merde - what a dilemma! It contains cold pressed Black Cumin, Camellia and Rosehip seed oils, plus seven other essential oils. I reckon any skin type would benefit, but especially if your face is dry, dry, dry...
Repurchase?
Even if I don't take advantage of the current sale, I will DEFINITELY be buying a jar of this ...

Natralus Natural Paw Paw Lip Butter - Coconut (10g RRP $5.75)
Rave HERE - I'm still undecided as to whether I prefer this to the strawberry one ...
Repurchase?
Yessiree, there's already a backup in the drawer ...

Imperial Leather Invigorating Mango & Juicy Papaya Shower Cream (250ml RRP $3.95)
Found this (and the next one) at Chemist Warehouse a while back, but haven't seen it since. Fresh & juicy fragrance, but nowhere near enough moisturising power. I used it up all the same...
Repurchase?
No - their Triple Moisturising range is far superior, and I'd rather pay more for something that gives my skin some juice...

Imperial Leather Revitalising Grapefruit & Pomegranate Shower Cream (250ml RRP $3.95)
Ditto the above, but I preferred the smell of this one - absolutely delicious!...
Repurchase?
No, for the same reason as above...

Natures Commonscents Natural Paw Paw Body Wash (500ml RRP $8.00) 
I bought this at Coles SO long ago, and now they don't stock it any more. Big boo as it's really quite something. Very strong but authentic paw paw scent, and contains the actual fruit. Packaging is the most sturdy I've ever come across, and virtually indestructible. The white cream is amazingly moisturising, contains Vitamin E, no parabens, no sulphates, Australian made, and they don't test on animals. They have a website HERE, but only seem to sell the body wash in packs of three ...
Repurchase?
While I'm a fanatical fruit fragrance fan, the smell of this is possibly TOO genuine, and I'm not that keen on paw paw. I'd certainly try the Goats Milk variety if I could find it in a store because the formula is awesome ...

L'Oreal True Match Super Blendable Concealer Pen - Natural (RRP $19.95)
An amazing concealer - stunning coverage, perfect colour match for my skin, lasts all day and blends like a dream. Could well have been awarded my HG title, but...I'm so pissed off as there's so very little product in the wind-up tube. This lasted three weeks only, and for $20, I expect a whole lot more product than that. The packaging is just over 100mm long, but there's actually only 20mm of concealer inside - grrrrrrr....
Repurchase?
Tempting because it works so well, but as yet I'm not over the feeling that I've been ripped off...

Garnier Nutrisse Creme Permanent Nourishing Hair Colour - Light Crystal Brown (RRP $14.95)
I do love this formula, and the colour is a gorgeous warm gold with a hint of amber. I use this for my roots, and then add blond streaks over the top ...
Repurchase?
Definitely ...

L'Oreal Preference Hair Colour - Siena (Golden Brown) (RRP $19.45)
L'Oreal do brilliant home hair colour kits - not too stinky, contains everything you need, plus this one comes with an additional tube of Colour Extender so you can refresh between sessions. Terrific idea to counteract colour fade, although I didn't actually use it...
Repurchase?
Yes, but not this shade - it's too dark for what I'm after, and not enough warmth...

NeoStrata Pigment Controller (30ml RRP $49.95)
I had reasonably high hopes for this product, but saw absolutely no change in my pigmentation by the end of the tube. Having said that I'm pretty far gone and have had freckles all my life, but I was expecting the in-between patches of age-related darkening to show some improvement. I've read reviews where other gals have had exceptional success with this cream, but only because they persisted, and so I would probably have to do the same. Lovely cream though and excellent packaging - stands up on the bench, and the pump works a treat, no discernible scent, contains retinol and various plant extracts. I reckon I need something more heavy duty, like IPL, especially after seeing the fabulous results of Barbe's treatments ...
Repurchase?
Probably not - four tubes of this cost the same as an IPL session, so I'd rather invest in something that is almost a sure bet...

SK-II R.N.A Eye Cream (15g RRP $149)
Another sample from the last Marie Claire Ageless Parcel - over the moon to try it as I wouldn't normally spend that much on ANY beauty product. Can't say I'm going to invest in a full-sized jar though - it's a gorgeous cream, amazingly hydrating, absorbs well and has a pretty much instantaneous freshening effect, but I didn't find it performed any better than Clarins Super Restorative Total Eye Concentrate, which is only $90. Having said that, a 2.5g jar is not really enough to make a proper assessment, especially given my age...
Repurchase?
Hmmm, I doubt it - it's quite a bit outside my budget, and I know the Clarins one works brilliantly for me..

LUX Moisturising Body Wash - Vanilla Flower & Sandalwood (400ml RRP $5.99)
Hard to beat the vanilla & sandalwood combo for the cooler months - this was actually left over from last Winter, and I really enjoyed finishing it off. Love the LUX formula - it's enriching and really leaves my skin feeling soft and cared for. Great price, and readily available at supermarkets...
Repurchase?
Yes, but not till next Autumn ...

Take care of you,
kats xxx

4 comments:

  1. I just started using my sample pot of The Body Shop Revitalising Sleeping Cream last night and having never used a sleeping cream before I didn't know what to expect, but I really like it! The smell is a bit weird isn't it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm quite taken with it too Di - but yes the fragrance, for me it's about one notch short of "ewwwwwww!". I can appreciate it's all very organic and flowery, but not my cup of tea at all xxx

      Delete
  2. Great job on finishing up some products Kats! It feels great doesn't it? Making room for new products! Tal xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely Tal - these empties posts have become crucial to keeping a semblance of order in my house that's for sure. I was starting to drown in beauty stuff, but this monthly review reminds me of the need to FINISH what I've started instead of stashing half empty pots in the cupboard - it's working really well xxx

      Delete