Saturday 5 November 2016

SPOTLIGHT: 3rd Quarter 2016 Fave LOTD's, Nudes, Bricks & Bronzes...

This recap series is a couple of month's overdue, but that seems to be the story of my blogging life right now - so much to blog about, so little time! BUT I'm hoping to relocate closer to where I work soon and cut out half my commuting time, and that should help considerably  Meanwhile, below is a selection of the Nudes, Bricks and Bronzes that tickled my fancy between July and September...


Bronzeberry is the most frosted lipstick in my kit - any more and my lips would freeze (lol!) but I think it's such a pretty shade, and goes perfectly with my peachy pearl necklace. And as mentioned in my blog article (HERE), these MNY Vivid Matte Liquid Lipsticks are the bomb - SO comfortable, and I don't often wear nudes because I look so washed out, but this one has enough warmth in it to avoid looking ill ...



These two are very very similar - but the Lacquer Balm has more browny red in it, and the Sienna more orange. Love both shades and formulas, which is why they're on this page - gorgeous colours for Autumn and Winter, and they go so well with olive and orangey outfits ...



I usually keep my pinky nudes for Spring and Summer, but made an exception for these as they have enough oomph and character to wear with greys and navys...



Crazy for Coffee has more pink in it than brown, so I'm not sure why they put coffee in the name, but it's gorgeous all the same, and Bronze Metal is one of those lipsticks that changes with the light - under my white makeup light it has the pinky brown tones you see here, whereas in natural daylight, it appears more golden...



Bean There is my current number one brown lippy, and I've included the Australis matte because, well, it's just so magnificently dramatic! I only discovered it towards the end of August (and only been game to where it once), but come next Autumn, I'll trot it out again for sure. It's only drawback is that with a pigment this deep, you have to make (and keep) the application perfect throughout the day or else it looks cr@p...

Well now after writing up this post, I can see that half of these are by Maybelline - can't say I'm all that surprised as I do favour their lip products over any other brand. They seem to make just the right shades for my skin tone, and the formulas are always super comfortable ...

Planning to have the Corals, Pinks and Mauves up in a few days.  Till then lovelies...

Take care of you,
kats xxx

6 comments:

  1. Nudes are problematic for me (the curse of being both pale & cool-toned), but I do like both of the pinky nudes + Nude Thrill. I envy people who can pull off nude lipstick in general.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Shell - I'm far more likely to have a win with a pinky nude than a beige tone, even though I love those biscuity beachy babe ones. Maybe in the next life ha ha (I'm also requesting long legs!) ♥

      Delete
  2. I am wearing my favourite nude today; Maybelline Color Drama lip pencil in Nude Perfection. I really must buy another one as the original is starting to get pretty short . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't those MNY pencils just terrific Beth? I've just bought the In With Coral again (I think it's my third), they're such great value, the coverage and comfort is awesome, and the price is unbeatable ♥

      Delete
  3. Lovely nudes and browns! <3 All the best with the move, I know how crazy it can be with time disappearing! I just moved house about 3 months ago and have only just caught up with blogging over this past month. Haven't even thought about filming a video! ... Ok well maybe I have, but you know.... life! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetheart, and for your good wishes. Still house-hunting at this stage - such a challenge to find the right space in the right location that's affordable lol!

      Delete