Sunday 18 June 2017

CONFESSIONS: of a Scrubaholic (Part 5)...

Golly gee - I haven't done a Scrubaholic post for almost 2 years! Oh I'm still a Scrubaholic, but my exploration slowed down considerably for a while simply because I'd found some face scrubs I was absolutely crazy about, and consequently wasn't buying very many others to try. But loving variety (and blogging) as I do, I decided a fresh discovery of the market offerings was in order. Sooooooo......below is a pic of all the scrubs in my shower stall at the mo' - whoops!...


These four I've been using for many many moons, and am still madly in love with all of them...


For links to my reviews of these beauties, just click on the brand names: Dermalogica, St. Ives, Nude by Nature...

My recent acquisitions are in the piccie below, and today I'm reviewing four of them. A couple are "technically" cleansers, but as they exfoliate as well, I'm including them in my scrub category...



Bioré Charcoal Pore Minimiser (92ml, $10.99)

This is my second bottle, and sure won't be my last. I haven't seen much in the way of pore minimising as yet, but I love the charcoal content and the consistency, and it sure does give my face a deep clean without leaving it feeling tight or dry. Love the funky pump dispenser, and what comes out is creamy and black and foams up nicely while gently exfoliating away those pesky dead surface cells that can make my complexion look dull and tired, and it also keeps the dreaded blackheads from regaining control of my nose sector. Some of the other Bioré products in the range make my eyes water, but I'm delighted this one doesn't - I think it's the menthol-like fragrance that gives me trouble, but this one is only mildly scented. I've been going a bit charcoal-crazy of late, and so has Bioré, so we're well matched lol ...


Beechworth Honey Gentle Scrub (100ml, $19.95)


Only discovered their hand cream at Woolworths a few months ago - oh my gosh it's magnificent, the lemon myrtle fragrance and skin softening formula has secured its place on my bedside table forever, so of course I had to try the scrub too. Was a little sad it didn't have the same zesty lemony fragrance, but the eucalyptus scent is equally refreshing, and the whole formula smells so organic and natural, probably because it is  While the scrub grains are fine and minute, they're quite firm (I think it's pumice) and they don't soften or dissolve, so I would rate it as a medium scrub rather than "gentle". I counted eight oils in the list of ingredients along with Vitamin E, Aloe Vera and Shea Butter - skin nutrients by the bucketload here. Love the whole concept of saving the honeybees too. They make several other ranges that include lavender, grapefruit & rosemary oils which I'm aching to try - I've only seen the macadamia one in the supermarket, but all the others are available from their website. No animal testing, and they also sell lip balms, candles, homewares, books and the most delicious sounding edible sweet treats and drinks, and of course...honey! ...



Lush Dark Angels Fresh Facial Cleanser (100g, $17.50)


One of my purchases at the Bloggers United AU Birthday party at Lush earlier this year. I can't imagine ever not buying this again! Love it to bits  I use it at least once a week in the shower because it's thick and VERY VERY BLACK and makes one helluva a mess of my vanity. But hey I'm finding ANY charcoal product a challenge because of the cleanup required, but it's not stopping me getting into this magical ingredient big time. Dark Angels exfoliating cleanser smells like licorice and leaves my face softer than I thought was even possible at my age. The paste is very thick, and I scrape out enough to cover a 20 cent piece (the label recommends "pea" size, but that's too mean for me), I mix it with a little water and then massage it into my face and neck, and then rinse thoroughly (under finger nails needs attention too). I'm about half way through the container which has a use-by date of May, but it still smells so fantastic and works so brilliantly, so I'm not stressing ...



Essano Rosehip Gentle Facial Exfoliator (100ml, $14.99)

Have thoroughly enjoyed every essano product I've ever tried (currently blissing over their foaming cleanser) and this scrub is no exception. Very very gentle, has a delicate floral scent, aloe vera juice is the second listed ingredient, no sulphates or silicones, not tested on animals, and the microscopic granules are actual rosehips. It's really more of a facial polish than a scrub, and perfect for those days when I just want to whisk away the bare minimum, without any mess or fuss. No need to write much more because the label says it all - in short it's a gem ...


The other four scrubs will star in Part 6, which'll be up in the next few weeks ...

Have you used any of these facial scrubs? Do you have a favourite one that I should try?

Take care of you,
kats xxx

P.S. Linking to Ingrid's Monday Makeup Madness Link Up - the party starts bright and early ...

17 comments:

  1. I would love to try the Lush scrub, sounds fantastic, plus I love the smell of licorice xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If licorice is your thing, you'll be crazy about this Indie - honestly it's like nothing else I've tried before, always makes me smile when I use it lol ♥♥♥

      Delete
  2. Scruboholic! Love it Kats! Looks like you have a pretty good line up there. The Beechworth caught my attention!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tal, this range is really lovely - the hand cream is a must have for me, and I'm super keen to try some of the other products too xxx

      Delete
  3. ooh some great scrubs there!
    the Beechworth Honey one has caught my eye!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never heard of it before hon - found it tucked away on a shelf in Woolies, just hoping they stock more of the range soon, it's so convenient to pick things up with the weekly shop hey ♥

      Delete
  4. Ooh that Lush scrub looks interesting (although I hate licorice, bleargh!) My favourite scrub is the Ocean Spray that feels like you've just smashed a margarita onto your face, so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crikey that margarita one sounds like something I'd love, thanks for the tip Beth! I would NEVER buy their soaps online as I love to choose all the different shapes and colours and smells personally, but scrub is easy if I know it's a good 'un xxx

      Delete
  5. I can't believe I've never tried Lush, probably the only person who hasn't. haha! The rosehip one sounds great and the Biore minus the menthol. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh don't be concerned Amy, I'm relatively new to Lush as well, which is kinda odd since I love scrumptious smelling stuff, but I always found it IMPOSSIBLE to choose anything when I was in the store, almost overwhelming range to choose from. The Essano is really lovely, smells so calming too ♥♥♥

      Delete
  6. i love using products with charcoal,i think it really helps my oily skin . i am really curious about the Bioré Charcoal Pore Minimiser !

    http://www.clairetalksbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reckon it helps mine too Claire - seems to balance it, and my t-zone doesn't get anywhere near as shiny as it used to during the day xxx

      Delete
  7. Im not 100% sure but I was told that nude by nature were no longer doing skincare...if this is true then im bummed...their creamy cleanser was lovely for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh say it isn't true Fawn? I love their cleanser too - the skincare is still listed on their website, so fingers crossed it's just a depressing rumour xxx

      Delete
    2. Having said that the cleanser isn't listed, and everything is half price - oh boo!

      Delete
  8. I've got my eye on the Essano Rosehip Exfoliator! Sounds like it is right up my natural beauty alley. Now that I know you loved it...it's on my must try list ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you'd enjoy it hon - the fragrance is lovely and it's very gentle, yet it's potent enough to leave my skin smooth and soft without it turning pink ha ha xxx

      Delete