Sunday 25 June 2017

REVIEW: Grahams Natural Daily Facial Gel Cleanser...

A few weeks ago, Grahams Natural contacted me regarding their anti-ageing creams, and after checking out their website and all the awesome products they make for dry & irritated skin, I jumped at the chance to try them. I'll be reviewing the creams next week, but in the meantime, they also kindly sent me their Daily Facial Gel Cleanser, and I was so impressed that I was compelled to write a separate post to give it the attention it so deserves ...


My preference is usually for a foaming formula, but this gel has won me over. It's so refreshing, and I'm amazed at it's effectiveness. I always follow my facial cleanser with a cotton pad soaked in micellar water as a double-cleanse, mainly because most of the ones I've tried leave a small amount of makeup behind. Not this gem! Regardless of the type of makeup (and you know I wear a helluva lot of it) there's not been one molecule of slap left on the pad! I use a bamboo cloth to wipe off, and it's been heavily coloured with foundation, blush and lipstick residue, and yet it rinses clean, and there's been no tide mark around the basin either...

The gel is clear and it's difficult for me to describe the fresh scent, but I'll take a stab at it and say "sherbet" lol! Sounds weird I know, but it smells like something fizzy or tingly - nothing I can really put my finger on, but it's crisp and invigorating, and I love it. The ingredient list includes Aloe as the second highest content, and there's also Cucumber and Green Tea extract...


One pump is more than enough to cleanse my face and neck, and it's possible to control the amount that's dispensed by not pressing so firmly. The gel spreads effortlessly and becomes quite runny once it's applied to the skin, but not enough to drip.  After massaging it in and rinsing off, I'm left with super clean skin that doesn't feel tight or dry...


I'd not heard of Grahams Natural before this, but I'm about to place an order for some of the other goodies in their range (like soap, body wash, lip balm, and of course, more of this gel cleanser). Their specialty is products to relieve eczema, psoriasis and very dry skin, and while I'm fortunate to not be dealing with any of those stressful conditions, I'm convinced my skin will benefit from their calming and anti-irritant formulations. They're having an EOFY sale on at the moment too, with all products 25% off - the reduction shows up as soon as you add an item to your cart...

Thank you Grahams Natural for the opportunity to try your brilliant cleanser - and for $12.95, it's most certainly scored a permanent place on my vanity 

Take care of you,
kats xxx

P.S. Linking to Ingrid's Monday Makeup Madness Link Up - come say hello!...

22 comments:

  1. Wow! Can't believe it removed makeup well. How does it go on waterproof mascara? I tend to use an oil first then my actual cleanser

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there Mel! The label says it will remove waterproof mascara, but my 5 coats are a challenge for any cleanser lol, so it wasn't all that successful in my case, but I reckon it would be fine if you only apply 1 or 2 coats. Removes longwear lippie in a flash ♥♥♥

      Delete
  2. Oooo this sounds so lovely! I am usually not a fan of gel or foaming cleansers, but I love the sound of the this one with green tea and aloe vera!

    Laura || www.thelifeoflaura.com.au xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gentle and soothing Laura, but super effective - just seems to melt everything away, and from what I've read it has a very high aloe content xxx

      Delete
  3. This sounds like such a lovely and gentle cleanser! I can't wait to hear of what you think about the new goodies you are about to order from Grahams Natural too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is that Marisa - and I'll be sure to do a post on the other products I ordered tonight ♥♥♥

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Hi Lara, no it doesn't - only foams slightly, a little more with water but I use it neat ♥x♥

      Delete
  5. Wow this sounds like a fabulous makeup remover, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loving it Indie - it's very basic, absolutely no glam, but it works a treat! xxx

      Delete
  6. For this price having these amazing result? Count me in!

    Michelle Morchella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sold me too Michelle - definitely no frills, but my face comes clean as a whistle in seconds xxx

      Delete
  7. I hadn't heard of this brand before reading your post either! It sounds like a great cleanser!

    Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that it takes off all my makeup, and yet my face doesn't feel stripped of moisture - I'm so glad the company contacted me, I probably would never have known about it otherwise ♥♥♥

      Delete
  8. I'm going to go down the bamboo cloth route I think, I use disposable wipes at the moment and I'm starting to feel an excess of guilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Highly recommend the cloths Beth - only had mine for a few months, but it's so much better than a facewasher, so easy to rinse & wring out, plus it dries quickly, and every week I throw it in the washing machine. Gonna get me a few more!

      Delete
  9. This product sounds great, Kats! I always need a double cleanse too! I wish they'd bring this over to Canada! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sell in Canada hon! Of course it may be a hundred miles away from you, but hey, they are over there. Christmas Natural Foods, 5589 Trapp Avenue, Burnaby ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

      Delete
  10. This product sounds great for the price ! i love cleansers that does not leave the skin feeling tight or dry .

    http://www.clairetalksbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't seem like a big ask hey Claire, and yet so many of them put me off for that very reason. This is a good one xxx

      Delete
  11. This sounds like a nice and affordable cleanser. It's impressive that it takes all the makeup off in one go so no real need to double cleanse ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is Angela! I'll probably still double cleanse just to be sure, but I reckon a spotless cotton pad says a lot about its effectiveness hey xxx

      Delete