Tuesday 21 January 2014

EOTD: Multicolour!

I was wearing the old faithful black and white yesterday, a favourite for Mondays as I'm half in mourning for the end of the weekend, and half excited about the week ahead :-) So I dug out my bhcosmetics 120 palette, and seconds later, found myself wondering how on earth I could have forgotten how much I LOVE multi-coloured eye looks? I couldn't for the life of me remember the last time I did one, so promptly set about to rectify that glaring oversight...


I've had this double layer palette for over 12 months and there are pans I haven't even swatched yet - can't believe I've been so neglectful, so you'll be seeing this big black box featured a lot more often in the months ahead. Sigh...so many colors and only two eyes...


I started with a white base, then added a vivid shimmery aquamarine, moved on with a bold pink, and called it a wrap with a bright blue on the outer corner. Something I love about putting contrasting colors side by side is that a when I blend the join, I often end up with yet another color entirely - in this particular instance you can see that the mix of aqua and pink created a delicate lilac. Now that was a bonus I wasn't expecting - just goes to show that colour truly is alive hey?


As I often do, I applied the hue I wanted to emphasise (aquamarine) underneath the lower lashes to soften the black liner... 


Oh boy, this has gotten me all excited again, so it'll probably be triple hues for me for the rest of the week ha ha!

Take care of you, 
kats xxx

16 comments:

  1. I'm still in shock at your generosity (ladies & gentlemen, kats included more than just Mirenesse goodies in my prize pack - elegant pearl earrings and bracelet arrived in my mailbox too!) and I'm now shocked at how amazing this eye look is!

    I'm loving multi-colour too hon, just keep creating them to your heart's content! It's so interesting, the colour choices are spot on. I'm glad you have a blog because if I knew you in real life you'd be a little freaked out at how long I'm found staring in admiration at your eyes. How can one create such art on their eyes?

    I hope you've had a beautiful day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well my day improved considerably after I read your comment, thank you sweetie, more multi looks already coming together in my brain xxx

      Delete
  2. Gosh Kat, this eye look is breathtakingly beautiful. What a combination of colours, blended to perfection, of course!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks indie girl, as you can see there are lots of choices and this was only layer number one. .. xxx

      Delete
  3. Very popping with the pink between the blues

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can count on me for some popping Ailyn :-)

      Delete
  4. Oh yeah!!! This look is incredible!
    I absolutely love it to bits!
    I will never forget your rainbow EOTD that you submitted for your blogstar entry Kats. It was so mesmerizing :) I'd love to try a multicoloured eye like yours one day xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww bless you gemma, whenever I do multi eyes, it's difficult to stop at 3 shades cos I just want to keep going!

      Delete
  5. This is amazing - honestly if most people tried this multicolour look they'd look like a clown, but you, darling Kats look wonderful. Thanks for your on going inspiration.
    With love,
    Trish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Trish my love - you inspire me with your words hon, every time...

      Delete
  6. 'so many colors and only two eyes' - girl problems haha! This look is stunning, the colours go together so well. The aquamarine shade is sooo pretty and delicate xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah well Sarah, it's not all beer and skittles being a gal now is it? The aqua is my fave hon - when I started this look, I almost wanted to keep going and make it ALL aqua, but I'll save that for another time :-)

      Delete
  7. You know how I love it when you do "multi-colour" eyes, Kat !!! There are some beautiful colours in that eyeshadow palette and you've just shown us one tier !!! I'm looking forward to seeing your other creations with these. Please make it soon :).

    Love

    Arty Girl
    bh.artygirl@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do arty, layer 1 is mainly oranges, yellows and greens, but I promise another multi look soon hon...

      Delete