Monday 7 July 2014

EOTD: Radiant Kats 2 by RitualEyes...

Today I'm posting a very special EOTD - been saving this one for a while, since early April actually. Some time ago I asked the beautiful and talented Michelle from Ritual Eyes to blend a shadow pigment that was as close as possible to the Pantone Colour of the Year, Radiant Orchid. She sent me three samples of her work (as well as a few other delightful goodies) and I've been playing with them ever since. This DARLING gal named them "Radiant Kats" (how thrilling to have a shadow tailor-made and named for me!), and of the three, I reckon this one is the closest to what I was after - Radiant Kats 2.


I'm not used to working with loose powders, so it took a few goes to find the right base that would allow the pigment to both adhere well, and show off it's vibrant beauty - interestingly the best results came from a $3 lipliner pencil, Nabi Dark Fuschia... 


I added Orbit from the SleekV2 matte palette in the crease, and used a Nabi eyeliner pencil in the shade Emerald Green along the lower lashline. For the waterline, I applied essence waterproof gel eyeliner in BBC ALL NIGHT BLUE (can never figure out this name - it's more green than blue!)...




I think these two colours work magically together, and of course the pink shadow is exactly the right blend of goodness knows how many ingredients, but it's PERFECT, and with a soft delicate shimmer - ahh Mich, you're an artist and a gem, and I thank you with all my heart 


And to complete the look, for lips I used Nabi Bright Pink lipliner, Bloom Chile lipstick, topped with Mirenesse Velvet Lip Lift Moisture Shine in shade #41, and the blush is the middle hot pink from the BYS On The Bright Side trio...



Have you found the perfect Radiant Orchid shadow yet?

Take care of you,
kats xxx

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful lid colour, Michelle created the perfect shade! I love the teal that you paired with it, too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Indie, Mich has such a talent for blending pigments, both in her mixing bowls AND on her eyes ♡

      Delete
  2. :) gorgeous Kat, I would never have thought of pairing it with a teal! I had been wondering how you had gone with it, as I know when you aren't used to powder pigments they can be a bit tricky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mich hon I should have emailed you when I was struggling, but I felt like such a dork that I couldn't get the base right ha ha! All good and wonderful now though, I adore it. Will do a post shortly on the lippy sample you sent too ♡

      Delete
    2. :) pleased you worked it out in the end. Everyones lids are different, NYX eyeshadow primer works really well for me as does any thicker concealer, then theres the more exxy one Too faced shadow insurance is my absolute favourite for pigments.

      Delete
    3. Lol Mich they sure are - mine are super oily and specialty eye primers don't normally work for me. I have some Too Faced and will try it next time ♡

      Delete
  3. Oh yeah Kats!!! Beautiful as always. I just wanna give you a big hug.
    That's so awesome that you have shadows named after you. And the name is spot on. You really are a radiant gal. Mich has done really well to produce a radiant orchid shade. It is so lovely. And the way you have paired it with the teal is stunning. Another gorgeous combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Gemma you have me turning Radiant Pink lol, and so looking forward to our hugfest one day ♡

      Delete
  4. How lovely to have something named after you, and what a perfect shade to boot!

    I struggle working a bit with loose pigments too, they have great pigmentation but they can be a bit tricky!

    You've done a perfect job. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks gorgeous! I'm just so thrilled down to my toes to have my own magnificent Radiant Orchid ♡

      Delete