Friday 16 January 2015

EOTD: Acid Silver Grey and Sugarpill Love+ Stripe...

Here's a fun one - haven't done a stripey EOTD in ages, so Tuesday was the day Not exactly a summery combination, but hey I don't want to bore you with the same old vividly colourful looks all the time lol...


Over my usual base of essence white kajal I first added the silvery grey from the Sleek Acid palette along the top lashline. Next to this I laid down a section of Sugarpill Love+, a fabulous matte red, and then finished with another row of the Acid silvery grey...


By the time I did this (and despite the red) it was looking a bit dreary, so I thought I'd try out my new essence Waterproof Gel Eye Pencil in the shade Urban Jungle, which as you can see is a very pretty glistening tealy green. I'm definitely impressed with these pencils - the colours are bold and magnificently pigmented, and I tell you they don't budge even one tiny bit. On my lower lashline, I invariably go over whatever liner I use with a powder shadow to make sure it doesn't smudge throughout the day, but in an endeavour to be a good reporting blogger, I left this gel alone...


...and it looked exactly the same at the end of the day - no smearing or flaking, and the colour was just as gorgeously vivid as it was when first applied. My only word of warning is KEEP THESE AWAY FROM YOUR WATERLINE - I've only tried it once, and it clumped up into big chunks that flaked off and found their way into my eyes, and it was quite uncomfortable. On the skin though, they are brilliant!


The green and the blue teal (Blue Lagoon) have a fabulous metallic finish, whereas the deep blue (Around Midnight) is almost a matte. Will do my best to swatch them over the weekend so you can see the intensity of the pigments 

Take care of you,
kats xxx

2 comments:

  1. Superb, Kat. The combination is so chic...and those lashes of yours look amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gorgeous comment from a gorgeous gal - thanks babe! Still can't believe how well this RapidLash is going - honestly it takes more time to do my lashes than the eye look, I have to keep untangling them with a comb because they're getting so long and lush! What a problem to have, but I'm sure not complaining lol... xxx

      Delete