Monday 26 January 2015

EOTD: essence Green and Gold for Australia Day!...

Happy Australia Day to all Downunder-ites! It's a special day that deserves a special EOTD, but I kept it all pretty low key this year. Initially I had all sorts of ideas for how I would celebrate the big day through eye makeup (like a golden wattle effect, or a Bondi inspired surf and sand look), but in the end I decided I'd just do something very very basic, but with enough sparkle to mark this auspicious occasion....

But what to do, and what to use? THEN I remembered I'd made the ideal purchase about three weeks ago - this essence 3D duo in the shade combo Irresistible Brazilian Sun. I mean, how perfect is that gold and green?  Lol it could just have easily been called Irresistible Aussie!


The shadows are unbelievably pigmented, and exceptionally creamy and sparkly on their own, but I wanted more (lol!) so I started with a base of Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bold Gold - this fabulous cream will give ANYTHING you pat over the top of it an injection of 24k that would make Goldfinger proud ha ha...


The placement of the gold and green are obvious from the pics, and I pressed a light dusting of Fern from the Sleek V2 matte palette into the crease. This was to try and reduce the amount of transfer of the shimmery shadows from the lid to my hoods - it kinda worked lol...


Because of the light-reflective qualities of the shadow, I thought I'd play it safe on the waterline with NYX Wonder Pencil in the Light shade...


Just adore both these essence colours - the green especially, as it's very close to the colour of my iris, and that's always a bonus 

So my fellow Aussies...
Take care of you,
kats xxx

8 comments:

  1. I love the look of the eye shadow! I raved about your look on Instagram, but needed to tell you once again just how much I adore this Australia Day look. Wow, so mesmerizing, hun xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're such a doll Indie - thanks so much for all the love hon. I was thinking this was all a bit boring, but if you like it well it can't be then can it hey ♡♡♡

      Delete
  2. I love the mix of colours you have here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks TP - how lucky I was to spot this essence duo, solved all my "which ones will I use?" dilemmas xxx

      Delete
  3. Looks good Kats! I was going to paint my nails green & gold for Australia Day, but in the end I didn't have the time to do it. Oh well, there's always next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seashells my dear of course there is next year - I had far grander plans myself, but life keeps getting in the way ♡

      Delete
  4. Happy Australia Day!
    Yes, that 3D shade is definitely badly named LOL! I love a yellow inner corner, one of my mainstays. I'm not so keen on my MNY bold gold, I find it harder to work with than some of the other shades. I haven't tried is as a base though. Hmm. Something to try.
    YOU look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neurotic the honey - thanks babe! Hey I don't use MNY Bold Gold except as a base lol ♡♡♡

      Delete