Sunday 1 March 2015

EOTD: L'Oreal All Night Blue & Lancôme Style Section...

Gee this is a first for me - one whole week since my last post! It's not that I had nothing to write about (could never EVER happen), or that I had no desire (not a chance of that either) - life just threw a whole bunch of challenges at me, and I had to give them the priority. Sucks big time, but hey, I'm back, and although the carpet beneath my feet is soaking wet from yet ANOTHER shower leak (this time I think it's from the pipes in the wall cavity - eek!), I'm not letting a little water (well a lot actually) stop me from posting my first EOTD for Autumn...


Summer is my favourite season, but Autumn is a close second - gives me all sorts of excuses to start going darker and broodier with the looks I create. I actually think deeper eye shadow shades suit me better, probably because as you age you lose definition in all areas of the face, and you have to create dimension and shade to keep your features from blurring into oblivion - well that's what I've found anyway. Not that I'm complaining - I actually love learning and experimenting with all the various techniques to keep myself looking as good as I can, and I don't see any end to that little fascination till the day I'm pushing up daisies 


Adore deep tealy blues, and this one is L'Oreal Color Infallible - All Night Blue. A stunning pigment that's as thick and rich as butter - I applied it over the top of bhcosmetics Waterproof Eye Liner in the shade Midnight...


Along the top lashline, I used essence white kajal topped with Lancôme Style Section - an amazing metallic silver that came in a GWP quad. On the waterline is the same bhcosmetics Midnight eye liner, and I added a touch of matte Orbit from the SleekV2 palette in the crease...


Lips are Maybelline ColorSensational lipstick in Shocking Coral, with a slick of Color Elixir gloss in Mandarin Rapture over the top. Cheeks are essence Heat Wave...



I have some new fragrance purchases (whoops!) which I'll be posting later this week, as well as quite a few palettes to review and swatch, so until then, wishing all you lovelies an absolutely awesome Autumn 

Take care of you,
kats xxx

8 comments:

  1. Oh no....not good news about the shower leak....ggrr

    you know Im wearing a blue eye today thats a little close to your blue but ive teamed mine with lilac and pink....very girly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shower issue has been going on for months hon - methinks it's time to move! Your lilac, pink and blue combo sounds pretty as a picture Fawn ♡♡♡

      Delete
  2. Is Sleek V2's Orbit green? The look is green at the crease, but you've mentioned previously that your camera doesn't always capture colours accurately. I see a great merging of deep blue & deep green.
    The shimmer is fantastic. I think it looks great ;)
    (I'm wondering if my features are going to blur into oblivion now, LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey babe, Orbit is a tealy blue, quite a lot of green content though ♡ As for the blurring I'm laughing like a loon at your comment, but feel bad if I've given you any cause for concern. I've never had any eyebrows to speak of, my eyes are pale, and my top lipline is non existent after a lifetime of cold sores, so I'm already minus in the definition department - I'm sure you'll age magnificently hon! ♡♡♡

      Delete
  3. You're allowed to take some time out to get things sorted out, hon! Great look, by the way. Love what you're doing with the blues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're such a sweetheart TP thanks so much for your support and encouragement ♡

      Delete
  4. Another great eotd look! I hope you either sort out your shower leaks quick or find some where else that doesn't have leaks! Looking forward to reading your fragrance reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Fabulous I'm just so over all this water in the wrong places! Perfume reviews will be up soon - I'm spending way too long photographing the bottles and not enough time smelling the contents ha ha ♡

      Delete