Monday 25 May 2015

EOTD: L.A.Colors Aquamarine...

On a bit of an aquatic binge at the moment - sometimes creating one look in a particular hue just doesn't satisfy me, so I keep going until I'm ready to move on. Not really sure what that's all about, but my feeling is that I need to wash myself in a particular shade (for whatever reason), and so I indulge myself until the next colour beckons me...


I've not used this L.A.Colors Tranquil palette all that much mainly because, like so many others, I have way too many eye shadows in my kit to get through in a year, so they simply get neglected. All a bit sad really, but considering I create an eye look at least 5 days a week, I have no idea what to do about that little dilemma - probably just get on with the blurb hey lol. 


Incidentally, the last time I used these colours was about this time last year, and that was over a white base. Here's a reminder so you can see what a difference it makes using a lighter shade underneath...


So this palette is all turquoisey/aqua shades, but I wanted something a bit deeper, a bit more tealy, so I used Chi Chi Waterproof Gel Eyeliner in Caribbean Queen as my base. Over that went the two shades marked above, with the lighter hue on the inner third. I deepened the outer corner with Orbit from the Sleek V2 Matte palette, and patted that into the crease as well, followed by the Caribbean Queen on the waterline...


For my cheeks I used Maybelline Master Glaze Blush Stick in Make a Mauve - LOVING this creamy, shimmery blush, such a flattering shade Lips are bhcosmetics Creme Luxe Lipstick in Pop Cultured, and I added some Maybelline Color Elixir Gloss in Hibiscus Haven for a mirror shine - nothing like a wet and wild hot pink lip to kick start the week...



Do you ever repeat a colour until you feel you're ready for the next one, or is it just me?

Take care of you,
kats xxx

P.S. I've just added this review to Ingrid's Monday Makeup Madness #7 Link Up Party - you'll find lots of other interesting blogger contributions there too 

10 comments:

  1. I constantly repeat colours! When I move off nudes, I'm generally onto greens. I really should try reds! This is a lovely aquamarine shade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey a repeater buddie - good to know I'm not alone tp ♡. Have a great week hon!

      Delete
  2. these are some of my favorite colors!!!!!

    Giselle ♥ http://www.redlipstickandchampagnedreams.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Giselle - nice to meet you hon! Ahhh tealy aquas - love 'em to bits too ♥

      Delete
  3. I love the look of this teal EOTD! I like the darker version you did this time better than the lighter white based version, although both are in fact stunning as always.

    How you continue to come up with different EOTD 5 days a week amazes me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much hon - I prefer the deeper one too, has a bit more mystery about it ha ha! As long as I'm going to work, I have no problem with the EOTD's - all I do is match what I'm wearing ♥

      Delete
  4. Love these shades, especially how you did it with the white base last time. :) I am always using the same shadows as I get stuck into the same old look for ages which I do actually enjoy so it's all good! Apparently you can use powder eye shadows just like hair chalk so that's one way to use them up if they're getting neglected, however I'm not sure you're into that? I'm not much as it doesn't show up in my hair well. However it might now that I've gone lighter.? xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Candy - thanks for the tip about using powder shadows like hair chalk, I would never have thought of it. And you never know when I'll be inspired, although not much is going to show up on my bold red tresses lol! LOVE your new lighter hair hon, you should definitely give it a go ♥

      Delete
  5. I love the oceanic blues & greens. I definitely prefer the darker base. I like super glossy lips: wet & wild for sure! Beautiful statement necklace there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sea colours are so refreshing hey hon, and they might be bright, but they never scream ♡♡♡

      Delete