Friday 29 May 2015

EOTD: Sleek Plummy Pinks...

I'm still way behind schedule because of my house move, in fact I only have 2 days left in May to meet my quota of 8 EOTD's for the month, so it's looking like I'll have to go with a trifecta - 3 in a row! Will return to my regular variety of content in June, meanwhile here's the plummy pink look I put together today 


These particular hues are just so flattering for an older chook like me - they have sufficient oomph to define my eyes, but with a softness that creates an almost velvety glow that's kind enough to not make my wrinkly bits stand out  Base was Maybelline Color Tattoo in Pomegranate Punk - over that went Valley of Diamonds from the Sleek Arabian Nights palette. It's the sparkly pink pan below right - just gorgeous! The deeper matte plum on the left (Stallion) was what I used for the crease, and along the lower lashline...


The ever so pretty pastel below is Eve's Kiss (don't you just love that name?) from the Sleek Garden of Eden palette - I blended this from the inner corner to the one third mark. Just love it when a company makes products that I can mix and match 


And on the waterline is essence kajal in I Have A Green...


For my cheeks I used a base of Maybelline Master Glaze Blush Stick in Make a Mauve, with a light dusting of bhcosmetics Iris blush over the top. Lips are Lacura Beauty Lipstick in shade 81, Chestnut - my latest love (and discovery!), and I'll be reviewing this whole range very soon...



I reckon I'll be wearing these colours a fair bit this Winter - they're cosy and pretty, and even though my hair is an orangey red hue, interestingly it doesn't clash with the pinks at all 

Take care of you,
kats xxx

P.S. I've just added this review to Ingrid's Monday Makeup Madness #9 Link Up Party - some great reads, and if you're a blogger, why not join in the fun too 

18 comments:

  1. What a fantastic look for you! You're looking very Marsala-esque! Loving that added pop of dark green on your lower waterline.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they great hues for winter Indie? So cosy and comforting - thanks for your lovely comment sweetheart, always makes my day ♥

      Delete
  2. Pink shadows always look good on green eyes. Your lips really pop here! Lacura are pretty good, but I haven't tried their lippies. I'm looking forward to that review. I want to know about how long lasting they are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lippies are great hon, but they don't last all that long - about the same as a lip butter xxxmhhhv

      Delete
  3. Wow your eyes look beautiful and you did a great job! The colors you chose make your eyes pop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Julie - eye makeup is a huge passion of mine, and it's always a treat to find out other gals enjoy what I do ♥

      Delete
  4. While I love your bold colours, I do think that it's gorgeous when you use softer shades.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks TP - agreed, gotta have some variety, and actually I don't wear loud coloured clothing all the time (believe it or not ha ha) so those days remind me to tame down the eyes a bit ♥♥♥

      Delete
  5. What a perfect, lovely shade for winter! Plus its totally on trend being marsala-esque like IndieAna wrote!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like it hon - I agree it's in the marsala family, just a bit pinker, and a lot more interesting than the usual brownish shades without heading into purple territory ♥♥♥

      Delete
  6. Loving this shimmery look! And now I want the Sleek Garden of Eden palette. Aarrgh! lol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a beautiful palette Di - very feminine, and yet you can go bold too if you want to ♥

      Delete
  7. This is such a great look on you, and so perfect for the colder days! xx

    Sweetaholic Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks gorgeous - I think this one will go down in my book as a personal fave ♥

      Delete
  8. Such gorgeous colors, looks great on you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hon - I reckon these shades would suit lots of gals, they're intense but not too loud ♥

      Delete
  9. I love how your whole look matches your eye makeup! Very pretty and perfect for these cooler months. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet Candy, thanks for your lovely comment hon - coordinating everything sure is a passion of mine, it's so much fun! ♥♥♥

      Delete