Tuesday 29 December 2015

SPOTLIGHT: Favourite LOTD's of 2015...

I rarely post LOTD's on my blog (except when I'm reviewing a lip product of course), but I upload one just about every day on Instagram. Of course not everyone has Insta access, and I find the colours don't come out as true as they do when they're up here, plus the pics are always skewed so my lips look all thin and mean, so...I thought I'd do a mammoth picture-heavy post of my personal favourites for the year, culled from a collection of over 200 photos. As any lip product lover knows the market is MASSIVE, and only certain shades are flattering on my warm skintone, but here are my top 30 picks of 2015...


There's quite a wide variety of hues and manufacturers, prices from as little as $2, vast differences in my product application and photography techniques (practice practice!), and more reds than anything else lol ...

   LOL - Bronze Age                                                   BOE Beauty - Primped
           MBA Cosmetics - Violetta                                  Chi Chi Viva La Diva - Lady Bump 
      Color Theory - Siren                                             Maybelline - Peach Poppy
MBA Cosmetics - Jail Break                                          DB Cosmetics - Bronze
       Covergirl - Romance Mauve                                      Covergirl - Succulent Cherry    
   Covergirl - Ravish Raspberry                                     MBA Cosmetics - Heliotrope 
            DB Cosmetics - Currant Kiss                          Maybelline Velvet Lip Pencil - Fab Orange
  Maybelline Velvet Lip Pencil - In With Coral                            Rubi Shoes - Ruby Red                  
              BOE Beauty - Shocking Matte Pink                Shanghai Suzy - Miss Georgina Pink Plum     
Maybelline Velvet Lip Pencil - Red Essential                            Revlon - Bronze Beauty                
Max Factor Giant Pen Stick - Intense Plum                       Chi Chi Viva La Diva - Hot Mamma     
Mirenesse Lip Bomb #6                                                 W7 - Matte Ruby         
     Too Faced - Melted Nude                                    Face of Australia - Many Moons
Chi Chi Viva La Diva - Glamazon                            Mirenesse Glossy Kiss - Angel Kiss
Makeup Revolution - Looking Ahead                                   Maybelline - Fatal Red            
Phew - well if you made it to the last pic without crashing your device, well done! My #1 fave? Can't possibly choose just one, but I've put a next to the ones I absolutely adore...

Do you have a favourite lippie you wear over and over?

Take care of you,
kats xxx

8 comments:

  1. Firstly your lips never look thin and mean! They're always gorgeous!
    Somehow I always love your lips in pink... It just seems to suit you so well! I think I might challenge myself in the new year to take daily pics and do something similar! xx

    Jasmine / sweetaholic-beauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Jasmine honey, thanks a bunch - I don't know what it is about Instagram. I always make my pics square, but even my EOTDs look all horizontally stretched and wonky! Loving your feedback too - yes I love pink lips and it's a colour I wear a lot, but my camera doesn't ever seem to capture the shade right - boo! Would LOVE to see your everyday LOTD's hon ♥

      Delete
  2. So many lovely colourful lips here! I have a fave pink lippie that I love to wear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots to choose from hey Bella - overall my lipstick refresh was a resounding success, but now I have so many in my kit, I have trouble remembering the ones I truly love, so this post is for me too lol ♥

      Delete
  3. Oohh! Lippies galore! Love it! And my fave? I'm choosing the cutest pink, Maybelline Velvet Lip Pencil - In With Coral! It looks so girly pink on you and I love it!
    Will we see your fave EOTD on the next post? Now, that will be extra hard to choose! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Mia - hard to believe there's only one coral in the collection above. I might have to do one of these posts every quarter instead of every year ha ha. Hadn't planned on a "my favourite EOTD" post - I have such a backlog of reviews to do!

      Delete
  4. I love that Chi Chi Viva La Diva Lady Bump! In lippies, my only Chi Chis are a liquid lacquer & a stain. I've got a few similar colours to Lady Bump. I love reds, berries & burgundies, but I usually do a bold eye & have to tone it down with a nipple pink lip. I love most of these colours, the only thing I don't get is the whole nude lip thing. Give me colour! Love it Kat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving the Lady Bump to hon - I've only had it since the Boxing Day sales. There was a time when I wouldn't wear a deep plum, but then again I've only gotten into the reds in the last few years. I'm with you on the nude lip scenario - there's so few that I can wear without looking ill lol. Colour is definitely the go ♥

      Delete