Saturday 9 April 2016

REVIEW: Beyonce Heat Wild Orchid EDP...

Well Beyonce business sure seems to be booming, so much so that I've lost track of just how many Heat variations she's released. There's only one other in my collection (Midnight Heat), but I love it so much I bought this version unsampled - I mean how could I go wrong with that fabulous fuchsia pink bottle right? Hmmm...I might have been a tad rash as this fragrance packs such a powerful punch, it almost knocks me over lol...


With Orchid in the name, I knew it would be pretty heavy on the vanilla, and sure enough, it's almost pure vanilla, swimming in a sea of sweet coconut water. Every time I spritz it, I keep waiting for the pomegranate and boysenberry to say hello - oh they're somewhere there, but they don't really get a chance to be heard because the vanilla and coconut have such a firm grip on the microphone. There's definitely musk and amber in the base as it lasts on my skin for hours, but I can't for the life of me pick up the magnolia or honeysuckle. It reminds me so much of FCUK Friction (reviewed here), which I actually prefer as I my nose can detect its fruit and floral content, which in turn balances out the sweetness of the main players...

However I'm a lot more comfortable with the drydown of Wild Orchid - takes the best part of 15 minutes, but then it takes on an almost woody character, and the voices begin to harmonise. For me it's a winter fragrance, and actually quite sensual once you get past the ferocity of the opening blast ...

In summary this is a 100% gourmand scent, and if you love vanilla and coconut, you will ADORE it. But if you're prone to migraines, then I'd give it a wide berth...

Do you have a favourite Beyonce perfume?

Take care of you,
kats xxx

7 comments:

  1. I've never smelt a Beyonce perfume - it's harder with a lot of testers behind glass these days, I can't be bothered asking for assistance if I just want a whiff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I empathise Beth - I'm lucky that my local Priceline still has the bottles outside the locked cabinets, but they don't always have testers for every fragrance. Chemist Warehouse is pretty good, but their range is limited xxx

      Delete
  2. Coincidentally, I went into my local Terry White Chemist today and they had a clearance rack of perfumes with all testers out so I spent a bit of time sniffing - I saw this very perfume out for $20, smelt it, liked it, bought it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will definitely be a winter perfume for me, I usually go the fruity, crisp scents but there is something really appealing about this, especially on dry-down.

      Delete
    2. Awesome Beth and well done on finding a bargain as well as some testers - $20 is a great price for such a big bottle ♥

      Delete
  3. Migraine alert? OK I'm gone! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, I hope I haven't raised an unnecessary flag here - it's really very strong and heady though...

      Delete