Saturday 28 May 2016

EOTD: Too Faced Chocolate Bars...

Well now, here's a post I thought was highly unlikely to ever appear on my blog - four eye looks by me using what I call "neutral" palettes! I'm a colour maniac, and have barely looked twice at shadows in the brown/taupe/beige spectrum, WAY too dull and boring for this rainbow gal, or so I thought... But Too Faced has changed all that, and I've fallen truly, madly deeply in love with their Chocolate Bar & Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar collections. Better late than never lol ...


Having said that I'm not a fan of the fact that these palettes are scented - I prefer my chocolate in a wrapper and edible, but I've overcome that little bugbear purely because these pigments are such utterly stunning hues, and the texture is so buttery and smooth. For this look I used the Semi-Sweet palette - matte Cocoa Chili (why does it only have one "l"?) over the whole eyelid and underneath, and then blended the fabulous Caramel from the inner corner. My base was Eye of Horus Bronze Amulet Goddess Pencil, and I used that on the waterline too...



Foundation was Mirenesse Velvet Maxi Lift Supreme, cheeks were DB Cosmetics Lip & Cheek Rouge in the shade Irresistible dusted with Hourglass Lighting Bronzer in Luminous Bronze Light, lips were Milani Candied Toffees...


Most of these accessories came from Lovisa - powerless to resist, I am drawn to their store like a moth to a flame 



And here we have Truffled & Peanut Butter (inner third) also from the Semi-Sweet set over Eye of Horus Bronze Amulet Goddess Pencil (+ waterline). But what's wrong with this picture? Undoubtedly my WORST EVER mascara application! Note to self - it is far better to get the later train than to rush the finishing touches...


These colours go so magnificently with my new hair shade 


Same foundation and Hourglass bronzer, but I added the peachy Cheek colour from the BYS Sweet Contour palette, and lips were L'Oreal Color Riche Cristal Cappuccino...


More Lovisa loves, plus a twisted gold & pearl bracelet I picked up for a steal almost 20 years ago at Vinnies...



And this is Salted Caramel from the Chocolate Bar palette over Bronze Amulet Goddess Pencil (again!), waterline was Max Factor Charcoal Grey Kohl Pencil...


First try of DB Cosmetics Flawless All In 1 Foundation stick - True Beige is an astoundingly good colour match for me, coverage is excellent, and I love the creamy formula - only cooler weather wear though as it has a tendency to develop shine on my oily-T. Cheeks were Maybelline Master Glaze Blush Stick in Coral Sheen, and I added some Lacura Beach Babe Mineral Bronzer. Lips were Revlon Ultra HD Lipstick in Snapdragon...


Huge peach pearl shell statement necklace from Lovisa, rose gold earrings were a gift from my beautiful friend Amy from Health and Beauty Girl, and the bracelet was a pressie from my Mama who also knows what I love  ..



I created look #4 using the Chocolate Bar palette - Triple Fudge, Milk Chocolate and Creme Brulee over EOH Bronze Amulet Goddess pencil base (same on the waterline)...


It's SO easy to blend these shadows - effortless in fact. I often struggle to get a seamless transition, but it's a snap with these pigments...


Looking a bit pasty here - lippie was too pale I reckon. Foundation was Rimmel Stay Matte, cheeks were Hourglass Bronzer, and lips were Maybelline Color Sensational Honey Beige - I should put this away till Summer when I have an itty bitty tan...


And of course the jewellery - went through my box of 30 year old retro stuff and was delighted to find the "humbug lolly" striped ring that matched my top so well...


Both of these amazing palettes were gifted to me by a gorgeous and ever so generous friend - you know who you are sweetheart, and I can't thank you enough for converting me to these delicious muted tones that flatter my colouring like no other 

Take care of you,
kats xxx

7 comments:

  1. I'm really loving these chocolate/bronze/gold eyeshadow shades on you Kats! Also loving all the gorgeous accessories you wear with each look ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you sweetheart ♥ I'm amazed how much I'm loving these hues too, and thank goodness for places like Lovisa - so easy to build a collection of affordable bits and pieces, especially when they have sales all the time xxx

      Delete
  2. I am also loving these shades on you! All such great looks and tone in so well with your new hair colour. I am hanging to try the Too Faced eyeshadows. I was actually in Mecca Maxima during my travels but I hung back because I wasn't sure what my budget would be (we've just transitioned to monthly pay at work and I didn't want to blow my budget too early). Regrets now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth thank you so much my dear - the Too Faced palettes don't come cheap, but I've yet to find a dud pan, and I'm sure they'll be around for a while. I also know the pain of switching to different pay cycles - I didn't think I'd survive my first! ♥♥♥

      Delete
  3. These chocolatey colours really do go with your new hair colour well. I love that golden caramel in look #1. BTW, it's the yank spelling of chilli with only one l. I had the same reaction over the band Red Hot Chili Peppers.

    #4 has fantastic shimmer. Is that the crème brulee on the inside eye? Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks hon - a change is as good as a holiday hey! Yes it's crème brulee - gorgeous GORGEOUS shadow, actually they're all so lovely.

      I've also noticed that Sleek can't spell either - I have a palette that has a pan called "Villan" without the "i", but my fingers REFUSE to type it their way! xxx

      Delete
  4. My youngest daughter has the Too Faced Chocolate bar palette and we saw that apparently the eye shadows not only smelt of chocolate but tasted of chocolate ....so we tasted them and omg its true..LOL

    ReplyDelete