Friday 3 February 2017

SPOTLIGHT: Last Quarter 2016 Fave LOTD's - Reds...

Oh boy oh boy oh boy - love posting my favourite reds! Just as difficult to choose as the pinks, and I tend to favour the warm toned ones, but they're all so juicy and vibrant and delish, so enough of the chatter kats...


This Colour Theory lipstick was a surprise - I have so little experience with this brand, but Siren is a real hottie. Very nice formula, and just enough orange content to keep things interesting. The Chi Chi one is perfect when you really want to include a wow factor in your day - despite it being a matte, there's gloss by the bucket load (fine by me!) and a stunner if ever there was one. Whoa! ...



The Seraphine Berry Tint came in one of my Lipmonthly bags (thanks again to Barbe the Babe for putting me onto this crowd) - given it's name I was expecting...a tint, but what I got was a fabulously dense and creamy liquid lipsmacker. Absolutely gorgeous hue and leaves a generous stain as it wears. And then of course we have the L'Oreal Bloody Mary, which is quite possibly my favourite red lipstick of all time. You have to wear it to understand how bold and sassy it is - it's just so unbelievably RED! ...



Love these two because they have a toe in the door of the cooler side of the spectrum, which makes them almost neutral reds. Hard to tell these two apart - they're terrific for slightly less adventurous spirits as they're not quite so in-your-face, and yet they still pack an almighty punch. It''s pretty obvious I love L'Oreal, and Place Vendome is super comfortable with a slightly more glossy finish. The Antipodes one is divine - it was a gift from darling Marisa from Marisa Robinson MUA. I had no idea that this brand made cosmetics, and when she found out, she so kindly sent me this baby. Thanks again gorgeous! Hungry Like the Wolf - don't you just love the name? ...



And finally some cooler ones which look so fabulous with the more muted tones of winter wardrobes. Both of these are borderline "berries", but I reckon there's enough fire in them to earn a place on the reds page. I prefer the greater moisture content of the Rimmel Retro Red, but kudos to Essence for contributing to the matte mayhem, and this colour is a beauty ...

Last in this series will be a combination of Berries, Purples & Oranges, and it will be up in the next few days...

Do you have a favourite red lippie? I'd be so delighted to know its name ...

Take care of you,
kats xxx

6 comments:

  1. I've got a couple of Bite Beauty reds that I like - Gazpacho from the Amuse Bouche range & Pomegranate from the High Pigment Pencil range. Pomegranate is a bit deeper & in-your-face compared to Gazpacho (definitely a statement lippy on me); but to be fair to Gazpacho, I've yet to wear it properly.

    I like pretty much all of these Kats, especially Cherry Cream, Sexy Lady & the brilliantly named Hungry Like The Wolf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh Shell I've just googled both those shades, and they're awesome. The Gazpacho gets a RAVE review on Temptalia, as does Pomegranate. Time for me to explore this brand - thanks hon! ♥♥♥

      Delete
  2. I love read lipsticks with orange undertone, so the first swatch Siren is beautiful. I must admit, you're lip swatches are the best in our blogger community. I love it. :)

    Michelle Morchella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a sweet thing to say - thanks so much Michelle! It means a lot to me given that my lips are shockers in their natural state, and I literally have to paint them on each morning. I do try and capture the true colour of the product, but even that's a challenge with different cameras and lighting. You've made my day hon ♥x♥

      Delete
  3. Your lipstick collection is so extensive! But I love that you always wear lipstick, means you can buy more ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha Rachel, that's my plan! There's only a few that I actually finish, but I absolutely MUST have choices xxx

      Delete