Monday 20 March 2017

Bloggers United AU 2nd Birthday Bash at Lush!...

If you're an Aussie Blogger, and you haven't hooked up with Bloggers United AU yet, you're missing out on a whole heap of benefits, including invitations to fabulous events, like the one I attended on Saturday 11th March. To celebrate their 2nd Birthday, this powerful team of gorgeous gals (who incidentally are blogging experts and so generously offer their tried and tested advice) arranged a celebration at QVB Lush, and I jumped at the chance of wishing them a Happy Birthday, enjoying the unbelievably colourful and scented surroundings of Lush, and catching up with some of my beautiful blogging buddies ...


Absolutely tickled pink (and red, and green, and blue lol) to see my lovely friend Ingrid from Fabulous and Fun Life at the door. We first met at last year's November event, and it was so wonderful to see her again and have a chat. She's such a warm, wise, fun and friendly lady, and her blog content is world class ...



After exploring some of the sights and smells in this wonderland of scintillating scents, tantalising textures and riotous rainbow hues, we were warmly welcomed by the knowledgeable staff, and were treated to a guessing game of "what are the ingredients in the Cupcake Mask" (which I believe Ingrid won!). We then split into two groups, and watched in amazement as the Lush ladies made two of the top selling masks, right in front of our eyes. My group was observing the blending of the luscious ingredients that go into the Catastrophe Cosmetic Fresh Face Mask. Incidentally that vision of loveliness on the right in the pic below is Rachel from Rachel Beauty Style, one of the Sydney Bloggers United team, and an absolute delight to know ...


And here's the finished product we were given to take home - those purply blue bits are freshly crushed blueberries! There's also chamomile, rose, and almond oils included in the formula, plus calamine powder and this kinda weird Irish Moss gel. We were advised to keep the mask in the fridge (no preservatives), and I treated myself to it's cooling and calming effect earlier this week - it's especially effective if you're dealing with redness. My complexion is still feeling super smooth and soft, and I'm so looking forward to another dose of this brilliant concoction...



Another guest I was delighted to catch up with was the stunning Marisa from Marisa Robinson MUA - this gal knows her makeup craft inside and out, and if you're not following her blog, you're missing out on awesome makeup tutorials and brilliant reviews of just about any beauty product you can imagine ...



After the mask-making, we headed on over to the cosmetic section, and here's the Goddess that is Barbe the Babe from Fashionista in Suburbia ♥ getting herself all swatched with eyeliner, lip colour, concealer, highlighter etc. I had no idea Lush made makeup, and I was so impressed with the quality and pigmentation, I bought one of their Liquid Lipsticks - more on that later...



There was a whole range of yummy refreshments to nibble on, and all of us were gifted with a selection of Lush products, plus there was the extra special treat of choosing something (pretty much anything) we liked, and that went into the bag as well. Below is what I scored - all divine creams that I've been thoroughly enjoying sampling this week (reviews soon)...


My special gift was a no-brainer - I chose the Dark Angels Fresh Facial Cleanser, which is actually more of a scrub than a cleanser, but being pitch black and made from charcoal, rhassoul mud, black sugar and cold pressed avocado oil, there simply couldn't be another choice hey? Here's what it looks like in store...


...and here's what's inside my pot. It's dry and firm, and you pinch off a piece about the size of a pea, mix it with water in your palm till it's like a paste, and then massage it into your skin. Being black the drips are a bit messy, so I'm keeping this in the shower recess. It smells a bit like licorice, and oh, what it does for my face is a wonder - my skin felt like that of a newborn babe, complete with the healthy glow. LOVE!



And what a joy it was to spot the truly gorgeous face of Mel from Aussie Beauty Talk. This woman is a total doll, and I reckon I deserve a bravery medal for standing next to her radiant beauty for this picture. I've been following Mel's blog for a while now - she does the best, funniest, 100% natural videos in the business, and sometimes her cute-as bunny is in them too. I say again, a total doll ... 



Not content with the goody bag, there were a few other items I just had to take away with me on the night, and I was ecstatic we were able to make purchases. Below is what I bought - a cake of lavender, fennel & ginger Sugar Scrub, the absolutely fascinating Whoosh Shower Jelly, mouthwateringly berrylicious The Comforter Shower Cream, and the amazingly pigmented Liquid Lipstick in the shade Power Without Force...

And here is the lipstick on my pucker. Head over heels in love with the formula - creamy, smooth, non-drying, and I swear I reapplied it ONCE throughout the whole day. Hard to see in the pic, but it has the most gorgeous gold shimmer. Yes indeedy, I'll be getting more of these ...


What a fabulous night it was - I'm still on a high, and there are so many Lush products I want to try! Thank you Bloggers United and Lush for inviting me to this wonderful event ...  

Are you a Lush-aholic? What's your favourite product from their range?

Take care of you,
kats xxx

P.S. Come on over to Ingrid's awesome Monday Makeup Madness Party any time after 6:30am ...

22 comments:

  1. What a fun event it was! It was so lovely to finally meet you! I can't wait for the next event when we will have a chance to talk! xx

    Laura || www.thelifeoflaura.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same Laura - I wasn't sure it was you as I know you're a fair way away, but thrilled it WAS you! Yes for sure we'll chat next time xxx

      Delete
  2. I love lush so much. I use the lemony flutter cuticle cream every night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, that sounds so delicious Lena - my cuticles could do with some Lush love, that's for sure ♥

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a great night! I wasn't able to make the Adelaide one unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must have been disappointing for you hon - I'm sure there'll be lots more BUA parties that you'll be able to attend, those gals are so good at getting us all together xxx

      Delete
  4. It was an amazing event and I was so happy to see you again! One of the best things about these events is definitely catching up in real life with blogging buddies!

    Ingrid
    http:// www.fabulousandfunlife.blogspot.com au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right with you there Ingrid - I wondered if there'd be anyone there I knew, and I was both delighted and relieved to see your gorgeous familiar face ♥ Can't wait for the next event ♥

      Delete
  5. Oh Kat you looked a vision at the blogger event. You picked up some amazing goodies xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indie sweetheart thank you so much - I was feeling a little insecure standing next to these stunning ladies ♥ And the Lush loot is SO good - I'm bummed though as there's no store near me now that I've moved. Still it's an excuse to visit old Sydney town x♥x

      Delete
  6. It was such a fun event and I loved catching up with you there! I also love that photo of us :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So lovely to see you again Marisa - I love that piccie too, would you like me to send it to you? ♥♥♥

      Delete
  7. I'm the only person left on the planet who hasn't tried Lush! lol xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I'd only tried one of their body washes before this event, and the Oz store doesn't ship internationally, so it's understandable! The UK website does though, but let me know the sort of things you like and I'll see what I can do ♥♥♥

      Delete
  8. Looks like a lot of fun and great to see some familiar faces in your pics! I have the LUSH eyeliner and highlighter and love them . . . well, I love most LUSH things to be honest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm kinda sold Beth - totally bummed that there isn't a store within a very loud cooee of my house, so I'll have to fork out for delivery, or maybe I'll just rock on down to Sydney a bit more often xxx

      Delete
  9. Oh I love Whoosh shower jelly, the fragrance is so refreshing! Glad you had a ball and could catch up with fellow bloggers! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Whoosh thingy is amazing Di - at the event I couldn't grasp the concept that a jelly wouldn't dissolve completely on first use, but it sure does last. Love the scent too xxx

      Delete
  10. That looks like it was lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly was Alinta - the Lush store was just the most colourful and fun place to hold a party, and it was such a delight to discover all their amazing products xxx

      Delete
  11. This sounds like it was a great event! I love events that bring bloggers together, it's always so much fun meeting other bloggers ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it just hon? I feel like there's an extra bond when we actually get to meet xxx

      Delete