Monday 3 April 2017

SPOTLIGHT: February Empties!...

Welcome to my February Empties post! Yes I know, I know, it's April already, but that's how things turned out last month with my work commitments. Still have a few critical things going on, but they should be over in the next week or two, and I can get on with my blogging...and my March Empties post lol. Feb wasn't a big month, but the sheet mask discoveries continued, and I'm ECSTATIC that I managed to finish off two of the micellar waters left over from the series. I promised myself I wouldn't try any more till I've cleared at least one more bottle, but that shouldn't take long...


Natural Secrets Goatsmilk Moisturising Hand Cream (80ml, RRP $6.99)
Already reviewed HERE, love this hand cream ...
Repurchase?
Yes, will always have a tube on my bedside table, or in my handbag ...

Alpha-H Liquid Gold (100ml, RRP $59.95)
This AMAZING stuff has featured in a couple of my empties posts already, but I figured it was worth mentioning again so that you can see that despite my general fickleness with skincare, there are some things which I absolutely keep using over and over again. I reckon this magical liquid keeps my complexion as radiant and youthful as possible via an external product application. I use it every second night, and at least once a week I leave it to work it's magic entirely unaided by anything else...
Repurchase?
This is one product I'll always have on my bench - I buy from Adore Beauty as they regularly have it on special. Back in August last year, I picked up the 200ml supersize for $69.95 ...

Avène Micellar Lotion (200ml, RRP $30.95)
Reviewed in Part 7 of my Micellar Magic Series (HERE). This is one of the nicest micellars around, pity it's so expensive...
Repurchase?
Yep I will (once I get through some more of the backlog) - this lotion will be perfect for those cold winter nights when I don't feel like doing the whole face flannel washing thingy. This seems to remove just about all my makeup, and yet it's SO gentle ...

Lacura Micellar 3 in 1 Cleansing Water (250ml, RRP $7.95)
This one starred in Part 6 (HERE) - excellent value, and very effective...
Repurchase?
Would if I could - it's not stocked permanently at Aldi,  but when I see it again, I'll buy several ...

Nature's Way Mega B Executive Stress (200 tablets, RRP $21.99) 
I credit these vitamin tabs with keeping me afloat for the last 6 months. Particularly towards the end of last year when I was trying to find a house closer to my workplace, and I needed  extra vitamin support due to accumulated lack of sleep and major job stresses...
Repurchase?
There's already another on the shelf to help me "maintain an even strain" ...

Hylamide SubQ Eyes Advanced Serum (15ml, RRP $49.99)
Well now, I'm going to be very cautious in my remarks here because it took me a while to get the dosage of this product right. I don't want to sound like a goose, but I swear the first 10 times (10!) I used it, I dispensed way too much liquid, and had to do the unthinkable and scoop it back into the bottle. I kept telling myself that one drop was too much, and yet that's what I ended up with each time. Doh! It has the most extraordinary amount of slip, so you really only need what's on the outside of the dropper lol. Anyways, I got it right in the end, and I think this serum is pretty darn good. Other gals have said it's their miracle product, and while I haven't seen anything that makes me want to climb up onto the roof and shout about it, it certainly has potential. I've also been massaging it into the vertical lines between my brows and above my top lip, and they are all less noticeable, crows feet are also diminished. My hoods are a little firmer too, and the fine lines on the fleshy part aren't as obvious. It doesn't do anything for my eye bags, but as I always say, nothing will except surgery ...
Repurchase?
Onto my second bottle, will buy another once that's done - for sure ...

Skin Republic Collagen Hydrogel Under Eye Patches (3 pairs, 18g, RRP $9.99)
This is the third appearance of these patches in my Empties series - guess what, they're going to be in EVERY MONTH! ...
Repurchase?
No need to ask, it's a done deal ...

Skin Republic Bubble Purifying + Charcoal Face Mask Sheet (20ml, RRP $7.99)
This was by far the most fun I've had with a face mask EVER. In case you missed it, here's my very scary Instagram piccie of the event...


First up, if  you have pets or small children, then stay in your bathroom until you're done - you will be unrecognisable and may frighten those dear to you. BUT, by the time it's bubbled and tingled to the point pictured above (15 minutes), you will have crystal clear glowing skin when you remove it. The fabric is black and you rub the packet before you open it to activate the bubbles. Then apply the mask like any other, watch the foam start to emerge, and you feel a tickling sensation as it oxygenates your complexion. Awesome! ...
Repurchase?
Already have - not all stores stock it (I found it at Chemist Warehouse), but keep looking, it's worth it ...

LonVitalite Collagen Crystal Eye Mask (RRP $32 for 6 pairs)
These patches came in my third Marie Claire Ageless parcel just over 12 months ago. No eye-dea why I waited so long to give them a go, but hey it finally happened, and I love them. Unlike the Skin Republic ones, these are very very thin, like matte Glad Wrap, but because they are so thin, they stay on all night. Lots of liquid, perfect shape, super hydrating, and I do believe my under eye area looked firmer and fresher in the morning. Definitely getting more of these ...
Repurchase?
Yes ma'am - they come in a pack of 6, and while they work out to be a couple of bucks more each than the SR ones, but I'm keen to see how they compare over time. There's another variety with added 24k gold for the same price, so I reckon they'll be the go ...

March Empties post is already in the pipeline, and will be up soon - promise!

Take care of you,
kats xxx

P.S. Linking to Ingrid's Monday Madness Link Up Party - come join in the fun after 6:30 Monday morning ♥...

18 comments:

  1. Haha I love scaring people when I have a face mask on! I too always seem to use waaaaay too much serum & have had to scoop it back into the bottle many times before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well this mask is a knockout Shell, and would be especially frightening if you sneaked up behind them ha ha. Happy to hear I'm not alone ♥ the serum is so very runny, but my hands were always clean ♥

      Delete
  2. Great job Kats on the empties! Love the bubble mask...I LOL at your remark hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tal - hey, I even scared myself lol! xxx

      Delete
  3. Nice products you've used up and glad to see that you'll repurchase all of these too!

    Sammy | Bargainbaglady.com XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sammy, yes these were all pretty much hits - I've become far more selective as I've gotten older, and that sure helps reduce the "misses" ♥

      Delete
  4. That picture with the mask is hilarious! So many of my faves here: the Liquid gold, the Lonvitalite and the skin Republic eye masks (going to the blue mountains tomorrow for a strategy meeting and these are coming with me). I have the Hylamide eye cream in my stash but haven't tried it yet. Great recommendation, thanks Kat x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Barbe, my vanity almost stopped me uploading the piccie, but fortunately my sense of humour is stronger. Those SR eye masks are a twice-weekly event for me - love how cooling they are, and even though they don't reduce the bags, they make them look a whole lot nicer ha ha xxx

      Delete
  5. I need to try that Charcoal Bubble mask and I love that photo of you wearing it! Also that Hylamide Sub Q Eyes sounds really good, I must look into buying it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so fun Indie - I can imagine it being a great source of amusement for your gorgeous lad. And yes the SubQ is looking quite hopeful ♥

      Delete
  6. Wow, you've finished so many products again! Great job, Kat! And you looked amazing with that mask, ha ha.

    Michelle Morchella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not as many as I'd like (I need to clear some space lol) but March was more productive ♥ As for the mask, I'm not sure if I look like a detergent factory bandit or Hannibal Lecter lol xxx

      Delete
  7. ooh, i need to check out that vitamin supplement! Great empties post! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend the B vitamin if you're not getting enough sleep Amy - honestly, it helped keep my nervous system from exploding xxx

      Delete
  8. i love the avene micellar water too. very gentle and effective.

    clairetalksbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goody Claire - micellar waters are definitely not created equal, some of them are horrors, but the Avene one is so lovely xxx

      Delete
  9. Love your empty post, I have not used any of these products but I am keen to try bubble mask.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lots of fun Faiza, and quite unlike anything else - talk about super clean, my skin felt and looked amazing afterwards xxx

      Delete