Sunday 14 January 2018

SPOTLIGHT: 4th Quarter 2017 Fave LOTD's - Part 2...

It's pretty obvious that I love and wear a wide range of lipstick colours, and it's incredibly difficult for me to pick one all-time fave. But I might just stick my neck out and say that there's one on this page that hits the mark every time I slick it on, so let's get on with the big reveal lol ...


Categorising colours is a matter of personal interpretation, and it's clear from the names that brands give their lippies that not everyone sees the same thing! Often I'm torn between one classification and another, but I'll start with what I call plums, although there's only a couple...


This first one is a good example of "what colour do you call it?" In this photo, it's close to being a bricky red, but in reality it has too much pink in it to appear in Part 1 - it's a mini Matte Lipgloss from SAVVY by DB and it's called Flame. The middle one was another gift from my (darling!) beautyheaven Secret Santa - Velvet Matte Liquid Lipstick by PUR Cosmetics in the shade Addiction. Fabulously pigmented and long-lasting. On the right is NYX Metallic Matte Liquid Suede in Pure Society. Crikey I fell hook line and sinker for this lippie store-swatch, that was until an hour after I applied it and it started flaking off. So saddening as it's the most gorgeous GORGEOUS colour, but the lip shrivelling formula sucks big time...




In case you hadn't noticed we're into the berries now, and this Rouge Laque Purpledelique by Bourjois is a star - lasts for ages, it has just the right amount of gloss, plus it's non-drying. The second pic is the same lippie, but with another layer added so you can see that this baby is also buildable to really bring out the berry. The third pic is (drum roll please)... "The One". Oh my gosh, have you ever seen a more brilliant pink? NYX Cosmic Metals Lip Cream in Fuchsia Fusion. I've mentioned before how much I love this whole range for intensity and comfort, and of all the colours, this is my favourite (yes even above the purples!). If you wear this, I can guarantee you will receive numerous compliments, and lots of gals will want to know what it is. Simply stunning! ...




You can probably tell I'm a big fan of bold and bright pinks - for me they're 100% smile-inducing, and this mini Matte Lipgloss in Flicker from SAVVY by DB is a hottie. In the middle is Pink Macaroon NYX Intense Butter Gloss - one that will always be in my kit, well as long as they keep making it. NYX glosses are the bomb. And on the right is another lovely pink, a warmer one this time, and yet another of the SAVVY by DB mini Matte Lipglosses - Fire. Can't get over how wonderful these are for $1! ...




For those wanting something a little less out-there, here is Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Amethyst Shimmer - another babe I've had for a while, and a regular throughout Spring. Such a flattering hue, and totally lip-friendly. I included the next one because it's such an unusual shade - it's by Trifle Cosmetics, and came in a Lip Monthly bag. Called Matte Decadence Multipurpose Matte Crayon for Lips & Cheeks. It's a little drying, but the colour is so unique. The last one is Lily Lake Natural Lipstick by Burt's Bees - beautifully moist formula, this could easily be classed as a nude, but alongside my others, it's definitely a pink ...




And for the purple lovers, we have a borderline pink/purple by BYS - Diamond Lipstick in Sparkle Baby. Would prefer something a little more hydrating, but the shade is ever so pretty. If you''re not sure if you're a purple gal, then this is a beaut introduction. In the centre is W7 Liptember Lipstick in Neon Purple - quite sheer, but a few extra slicks will give you this amazing colour pay-off. On the right is another NYX Intense Butter Gloss, this time in Berry Strudel. It looks a little blue around the edges, but that's because I used an eyeliner as my lipliner, and it was the closest one I had to the colour - I've since bought a matching one from NYX. Again, LOVE NYX glosses! ...




And now we get to the REAL purples. On the left is Colourpop Satin Lip in So Wavy. I'm a satin or gloss gal at heart - I find so many of the mattes to be too drying, and this one works exceptionally well. Centre stage is what I classify as the ultimate purple - only recently added some JeffreeStar lip products to my collection, thanks to a blog sale by Sarah from More Than Adored. This one is called I'm Royalty, and there was never a more appropriate name hey. One of the best matte lip products in the marketplace, and possibly the only one that I can wear comfortably all day long. And I'm finishing up with more JeffreeStar - this is a blend of Blue Velvet (100% blue, which I doubt I'll ever wear on its own) and Blow Pony (a pale pinky purple). I mixed the two to match my outfit, and they blend together amazingly well with no streaking ...


So that's it for 2017! Thanks for stopping by lovelies - anything here you fancy?

Take care of you,
kats xxx

4 comments:

  1. I love the gorgeous berry shades! I have one of the NYX Cosmic Metals but it's too outrageous for me to wear lol. The Fuchsia Fusion one looks great on you though!

    Di from Max The Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so feminine & cheerful hey Di! Hope one day you'll wear the Cosmic Metal lippie (I'm guessing you have one of the blues or greens) - each and every one of the colours I have (no blues or greens lol) always brightens my day ♥♥♥

      Delete
  2. I've got a NYX Cosmic Metals Lip Cream in Green & the longevity is not very good. That Fuchsia is gorgeous! I can't wait to see a pic of your Blue Velvet lippie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bummer about the green one - I have 5 all together and they're all brilliant. Don't hold your breath for the Blue Velvet though - I might have a weak weekend moment, but I ain't wearing it to work ha ha!

      Delete