Saturday 21 April 2018

REVIEW: Nutrimetics nc Hydra Brilliance Lipsticks...

Call me old-fashioned, but I'm so over this matte lipstick trend. Give me any kind of lip product - liquid, balm, bullet, wand, crayon - anything, so long as it doesn't wither my lips stat, or glue them together in the first few minutes after applying. Of course, non-matte lipsticks are still being made by most companies, so it's not like I'm panicking or anything, it's just, well, I've decided to not invest in any more lip shrivellers. Despite promises of pucker comfort, most of the time I'm bitterly disappointed with the formulations, even from my fave brands, so I'm officially getting off the matte bus. There I've said it! Which brings me to my latest pout purchase Nutrimetics, nc Hydra Brilliance Lipsticks. They're strictly a BM (Before Matte) style - creamy to the last molecule, not too waxy, not too slick, subtle sheen, dense pigmentation, bold colour. In short, my kind of lipstick ...

I was so excited to try these out I broke the blogger's rule of slicking them on before I photographed them, but you can still see that the bullet is majestically curved. The silver packaging is ritzy and modern, and the cap closure has an innovation which I reckon is awesome - there's obviously magnets involved because as soon as the lid is almost on, it snaps into place all on its own, and conversely requires a wee bit of effort to de-cap. Love it!

These were on special (usually the only time I buy Nutrimetics products), and I was intrigued enough to dish out $22.90 (RRP $30) to see if this amazing skincare company could put together a great lippie, and they can! Below is Garnet (122C) - a beautifully soft but intense red that will be getting regular workouts during Autumn/Winter...


And this is Orchid (115C) - such a gorgeous purply pink/pinky purple that looks particularly fab with the navy and teal elements in my wardrobe...


They're long wearing, dermatologically tested, no fragrance, and the blurb says they're enriched with Vitamin C & E and "Aquatic Herbs" - no information as to what they are but the ingredients list includes salicornia herbacea. There are 20 shades to choose from (HERE) and I love that on their website, the range is grouped into warm and cool hues...

Nutrimetics is against animal testing, and there's a 60-day money back guarantee. In summary, LOVE! 

What's your verdict on the matte vs regular lippie debate?

Take care of you,
kats xxx

8 comments:

  1. ooohhh.... that Orchid shade is divine.
    Remember the old cyclax lipsticks?....Those were the bomb in my mind. They had such great shades and fantastic staying power.
    I think I prefer a little sheen ....hey at my age I need all the sparkle i can get...LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gorgeous hey Fawn? From memory my grandmother used to wear one of their red ones, but I didn't ever try them. I believe the company is still going, but they only make skincare now. I'm with you on the sheen - the LAST thing I need is something that accentuates my crinkly lips lol ♥♥♥

      Delete
  2. Creamy is my fave lipstick formula too. I am loving the shade Garnet on you, stunning!

    Di from Max The Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The moist ones can't be beat hey Di - and thank you lovely lady, the Garnet is a beauty!

      Delete
  3. Naturally, I love the orchid shade as I have had a love affair with any sort of makeup in the violet spectrum. Ironically, I haven't had much success with moisturising lipsticks in recent years as they break easily. I've just started buying lots of liquid lipsticks (matte and non-matte) which means I won't have to worry about lipsticks breaking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep that's certainly one good thing about liquids! I've only had a couple of richly hydrating lippies go all soft and squishy on me lately - mind you this extended summer has been a challenge to ALL my makeup. I need a fridge in my bedroom! ♥♥♥

      Delete
  4. That Garnet looks gorgeous! I'm not a fan of the matte look. I don't suffer from dry lips, so I like that mattes are long-lasting, but I dislike the flat 2-dimensional look they give.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Matte lipsticks seem to accentuate all my lip crinkles too - these are totally lush and
      guaranteed 3D hon!

      Delete